I suggest you ...

Implement XSLT 3.0 for .Net

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351285/implement-xslt-30-for-net.html
Fully support XSLT 3.0 in .Net (Including XQuery 3.0 and XPath 3.0)

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-30/

2,817 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Patrik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

137 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Præstgaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. I feel bad about this being under Review for more than two years, but I really think you should implement this functionality as soon as possible! There are so many cool applications for this and I believe that many will refrain from learning and using the tech because the support is not there which is truely a shame! XSLT 1.0 is just not adequate anymore.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see an xslt 3.0 implementation, purely for the streaming capabilities.

• Edy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Por favor, implemente la versión 3.0 de XSLT porque utilizar librerías externas hace lento la transformación, la diferencia es de 5 veces mas tiempo que XslCompiledTransform del .Net

Yes please implement V3.0. It is very well needed and required .Also xml being so widely used now,it should have already been there. Using another library to use something as fundamental as xpath v 2/3 is very cumbersome Request you to take it on priority.

I absolutely support upgrading the XSLT support in .Net. The major vendor product we use in lab administration is .Net based and allows XSLT as a way of tailoring messaging output. I spend a huge amount of time back-translating my transforms to work with 1.0

• April commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please support higher versions of XSLT. If not version 2.0, then yes, please version 3.0. There have been several occasions where I have an XSLT 2.0 solution but the customer doesn't want to implement it because it requires a third party tool/dependency. We can use .Net calls from the scripting language that we use, but XML and XSLT support with the core system is limited.

• WiG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course Microsoft should support XSLT 3.0 Please add at earliest opportunity.

Feedback and Knowledge Base