I suggest you ...

TSQL Project, Editor, Code File Management, Compare Results, etc.

I hope this is low hanging fruit that has a big impact on improving people's lives. SSDT is great. But I also need to be able to support Production. I need a VS Project that can hold TSQL queries that I'm using to research the issues and treat as a library of TSQL Code that helps me identify and resolve issues. The reason I want to use VS instead of SSMS is because of the extensive improvements with the editor that allow me to quickly go through a lot of SQL that I'm not familar with. The highlighting, find and replace, visual feedback, etc. Also, SSMS's Solution Explorer is terrible at file management and is constantly losing files whenever it crashes. Also, it would be great if we could execute the TSQL that is highlighted, sort the results by clicking the header, right click and save the results into an excel file within the project as a snapshot to enable us to use compare tools against the excel files.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Daver shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! While we aim to respond to every suggestion, we are closing older ones that don’t have enough votes so newer ones from you can move to the top. If this suggestion is still important to you, feel free to open it again.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base