I suggest you ...

Make the Registers window easier to read

When I'm debugging through the disassembly, it is difficult to read the XMM/YMM/ZMM values in the Registers window because they are not aligned neatly.

I realize it can be difficult to arrange them well all the time because of window resizing, but I really feel it could be done much better.

102 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
kgiordano shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Samuel Bronson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also note that WinDbg's "r" command looks a bit more sensible, insofar as stuff lines up nicely, though it's kinda cramped vertically.

• Bruce Dawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, it could be done a lot better. Floating-point numbers wrap between the mantissa and exponents, which is ridiculous, and wrapped lines are indented by zero, two, or three spaces - it should always be zero. And, significantly different data (the CTRL register in the Floating Point section) should be introduced with a new line character.

I filed a connect bug about this here:

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/3102626/please-fix-the-registers-window

The bug contains more details. There should be some *really* easy fixes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Why even dump it to a text window? The registers have categories and are all the same length within a category. Why not line them up in a GUI?

Feedback and Knowledge Base