I suggest you ...

Preserve user created solution folders when regenerating the solution in VST4U

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351319/preserve-user-created-solution-folders-when-regene.html
It is hugely useful to be able to debug add in dlls in Unity: http://unityvs.com/documentation/dll-debugging/ and it is great that the Unity plugin preserves the references to external projects when the solution is regenerated.

It'd be nice if we could organise these external projects into solution folders and have the tool preserve to user defined folder structure as well as the project references when regenerating the solution.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tim McSweeney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam Traver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somewhat related to this (it might actually be a bug, but I'm having trouble figuring out where to send it) is the notion that, although Tools for Unity preserves non-Unity project references in its generated solution file, those projects in the "Project contexts" grid of the "Configuration Manager" dialog for the solution are having their "Build" checkboxes overridden when the solution file is regenerated.

I need to build my external project before my Unity projects are built (there's a post-build step that copies files into my Unity project), but every time Tools for Unity regenerates the solution, the "Build" checkbox is unchecked, where I've previously checked it.

I've gotten around this (I think -- haven't tested it thoroughly) by deselecting the "Generate solution file" checkbox in the "Visual Studio Tools" Unity configuration dialog, but it seems like something you might want to preserve, going forward.

Feedback and Knowledge Base