I suggest you ...

Enable IntelliTest to generate tests for VB.NET projects

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351350/enable-intellitest-to-generate-tests-for-vbnet-pro.html
Please extend IntelliTest to enable generating tests for VB.NET projects.

491 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Pratap Lakshman [MSFT] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Lant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's remarkable how much effort Microsoft puts into cross-platform these days, but strangely not cross-language within their own toolset. As stated elsewhere, VB is not a lesser language and has clear semantic benefits in various cases.

Please add this feature and implement the suggestion that features should be compatible with both languages as a matter of course.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although C# is slowly being introduced, I work at a mainly VB.NET shop. We're working on getting automated testing up an running in many areas that didn't have it in the past. This feature would make it easier as we're making this transition. I actually remember this being available years ago in a previous version of Visual Studio (VS2005 maybe?). It seems like a step backward that in VS2015 the functionality is not there.

• Coen Hodzelmans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'am missing the intelliTest in vb.net. The most projects that i deliver are for customers who wants it in vb.net

• DanW52 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was planning on purchasing Enterprise version this year ... but not until I can create Unit Test in the VB version.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% this feature should have been release in VB at the same time as C#, when it comes to Visual Studio tooling there needs to be parity. This isn't a language feature, it's a productivity feature. I switch between C# and VB easily enough depending on whichever language my clients prefer but to not have the same tools available in each language is a huge productivity killer.

This request should also include the "Create Unit Test" option in the code editor context menu. It was brought back in C# but VB was skipped, EVEN THOUGH THIS FEATURE USED TO BE IN VB IN VS 2010!!! Releasing this to one language but not the other is simply lazy if not evil.

Anyone in Microsoft that still thinks one of these 2 languages is superior to the other is a fool. The overwhelming bulk of the work real .Net programmers do revolves around the common core classes and .Net Framework with C# or VB syntax being the glue used to connect those pieces, far less than 1% of the work. It shouldn't matter which language we use. Stop giving parity lip service when it comes to Visual Studio tooling!

The only way this will happen is if you make it a requirement that tools have to work in both languages before they are released so VB.Net isn't the ugly step child that we'll take care of when we have the time to get to it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When did Microsoft decide to drop VB? I see more and more features being C# only, if this is the case, make a statement and let people decide how to proceed with their careers!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a pretty dangerous precedent to have such a divide in core functionality between the two languages...

• Felix Czylwik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of support for VB.NET is very disappointing. I was really excited about this feature but as I have to work with VB.NET for my employer I cannot use IntelliTest. Please implement it for VB.NET as well.

• Ryan Thiele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A an employee at a VB.NET only workplace, this would be a life saver as we are starting to use unit testing for our projects.

• Vaskos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You must enable it for some million users who still use vb.net projects.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base