I suggest you ...

Bookmarks for TFS Source Control explorer

New option in Visual Studio TFS source control explorer to create bookmarks of source location paths

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Daniel Carvalho Liedke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially with rare access to actual source (for reference only) and trees with like 10 sub-folders... I need this!

• Dominic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that would be a great improvement and time safer it this would be realised

• Chintan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company has many branches for the same project... so it gets difficult to move between different version of project and also that is difficult to locate the project folder in SCE to checkin the changes.

Even the "Start Page" shows duplicate name of the project from different branches since those solution names are same... so we need to hover over the name to find the source of that solution.

Please introduce the BOOKMARK BAR for TFS Source Locations.

• Vinicius Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats super necessary. My company have a huge TFS with a lot of branches... takes forever to navigate around.

• Kaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great o have bookmarks. The tree view gets collapsed all the time and the folders I need to browse are 6 or more levels down. Very frustrating to continuously keep expanding nodes.
    The Source Code Explorer view has a drop down list under the toolbar. The list shows the currently selected folder in tree like format. I don't find this very useful since the full tree is right there easily accessible. Could this drop down show the list of recently visited folders the same way as Windows File Explorer does?

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed! We use extensive branching and jumping from place to place in "Source Control Explorer" is time consuming. Windows explorer has Favorites so should TFS/VS SCE

• Steffen Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea! I am getting blisters on my fingers due to all the clicking in Source Control Explorer.

• Justin Nimmo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea! I was just thinking the same thing. We have some projects that are a mismatch of a few different things, and they have to be that way. It would be great to have a bookmark to link to directly what I'm working on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base