I suggest you ...

Please replace the flat, mostly monochrome icons in VS 2015

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351369/please-replace-the-flat-mostly-monochrome-icons-in.html
Visual Studio already looks a lot better than Visual Studio 2012 and 2013. I like that at least some icons got colored again and that the menu no longer is all ppercase.
However, I'm still not a fan of flat design. The colored icons still look quite strange. And most of the monochrome icons are really ugly.
So please bring back the icons of Visual Studio 2010. Or provide multiple icon packs and let the user choose. Not everybody likes flat design!

327 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Timo Kunze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Langille commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternatively, add the ability to load alternative icon sets - whereby the icons are loose images in folders or other DLL with an XML lookup - to allow developers to use personalized icons.

• Максим commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Эволюция человека длилась тысячелетиями, у него есть две руки, две ноги, два уха, и самое главное два глаза! Данное обстоятельство позволило человеку жить в трех-мерном пространстве, стереоскопическое зрение позволило человеку видеть объекты как объемные фигуры, оценивать расстояние до них. Первый интерфейс в виде консоли был плоским, появились новые интерфейсы, один из них окна, они придали объем, позволили человеку использовать больше возможностей своего зрения для использования этого интерфейса. Но что-то пошло не так, и то-ли большое количество людей лишились одного глаза, либо ослепли на один глаз, и объем для них стал не интересен. Я вам сочувствую, и желаю здоровья и процветания, но у меня до сих пор два глаза, я здоров и хорошо себя чувствую. Так почему-же вы лишаете меня пользоваться тем, что у меня есть? Мне нравиться объем, верните его, я вас очень прошу! С точки зрения визуального восприятия, Visual Studio 2008 до сих пор для меня остается лучшей из всех версий!

• Tobias Knauss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should really give the user the choice to make VS look like he wants it. I totally agree with hfahdlgf!

• Oliver Clare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like flat design.

The current VS interface is clean, effective and no-nonsense. Gone are the days of comic sans websites. Welcome to 2016, where we're looking for efficient code, clean lines and simple elegance.

• hfahdlgf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide your users with a choice. To use either monochrome glyphs, or real icons.

• Igor Choromanski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Counter vote -- I LOVE the interface as is. Very elegant and clean. Never thought I'd say this, but this is one Microsoft interface that just outdoes the competition in every possible way. If you do cave into the demands to change it, I'd love to be able to switch 'back' to this look in the future versions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base