I suggest you ...

Provide a Visual Basic 6 Community edition - to allow free download of the VB6 programming language

Make a Visual Basic 6 Community edition free download of the Microsoft VB6 programming language and IDE available.
Microsoft already have a VS2013 community edition and also a free download of Expression Web.
Now please allow a 'Community Edition' of VB6.

1,742 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VB6 Programming Community EditionVB6 Programming Community Edition shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have no plans to release a new incarnation of the Visual Basic 6 IDE, either as an incremental update or a free “Community Edition”. Some of you have expressed concerns that without such a product it would be difficult or impossible to maintain your existing Visual Basic 6 applications using a licensed version of the product. Please note that Visual Studio Community has a license that restricts use for enterprise development and as such a Community Edition of the Visual Basic 6 IDE would not actually address that concern. Additionally, your original license for VB6 is perpetual so provided that you still have the license key you may continue to install the product for current and future use. Lastly, the Visual Basic 6.0 IDE is available to all MSDN subscribers and can be downloaded at any time from the subscriber downloads section and installed. A generic subscriber key is provided for convenience if needed.

The Visual Studio Team

506 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)