I suggest you ...

Please bring back the "Photoshop" import option in Blend 2015

If Photoshop importer is not supported in Blend 2015, it impedes our migration plan to Blend 2015 and we'll have to keep using Blend 2013.

We recognize that one of the advantages of WPF is that it can separate design from logic.
We place orders of screen designs to companies who specialize in design and we don't put the ability of using Blend as the basis of selection.
Designers deliver products in the form of Photoshop or Illustrator. Our current partner delivers with Photoshop format.

If we can't import Photoshop file directly, we have to create XAML with referencing the output of designers. It runs up costs and causes the failure of faithful reproduction of design. Especially, it is really hard to keep the original tone of color.

We have an intense need for Photoshop Importer in Blend 2015.

703 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • verelpode commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I agree with import of Photoshop, I think import of Adobe Illustrator files is more important than Photoshop, because Blend/XAML is vector-based and Illustrator is likewise vector-based, whereas Photoshop is primary raster-based with some vector extensions. Likewise strong SVG support is important.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a new project on UWP we also need to be able to import PSD layout into Blend or we will be obliged to use older version on blend and it's counter productive !
    Any news about integrating this option again ?

• Ziriax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please open source this plugin if you are not continuing development on it. You already open source .NET core, Typescript, etc. After 4 years of web development, I can now compare it with 5 years of XAML coding, and for real applications, XAML is IMHO vastly superior to HTML. But we need good tools!

• Kalyan Sagar J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very useful feature. In my organization we have UI design team, who designs the UI for all projects in our organization. Even though we are proposing them to use Blend for generating UI still they are not ready to use Blend for UI as they are very much familiar and comfortable with Photoshop. So they will provide us PSD file only. In this kind of scenarios this "import" option will be very helpful. Please consider it.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kalyan Sagar J

• Kino Aguilar [MSFT] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am part of the Blend for Visual Studio team. We are aware of this request, and it is currently an item for consideration on our backlog. Please continue to vote for this feature request, so that my team can know what features Blend users want.

Best,
    Kino

Feedback and Knowledge Base