I suggest you ...

Improvement for Find Shelveset section.

I propose add combobox instead of textbox in "Find Shelvesets" section. Combo should contain team member names or at least last input values.
Reason: it is not comfortable to look for shelvesets of another team members as you need to know how them names are spelled.

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dmytro Baranovskyi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew Stanton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its also a pain that VS limits the result list of shelvesets to 100. After a few days of autoshelve, I can no longer find named non-autoshelve shelvesets.

Having a better search with negation as an option (all shelvesets but not ones starting with 'autoshelve') would also be useful.

MSFT should try using a product for more than 1 year before making limiting decisions like this.

• Stephen Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was trying to tell another team member to unshelve my changes and had to search for 10 minutes until I found the tip about using * (and only *) for the username. It seems to me that this could be improved to more easily support collaboration.

• Aaron Shumaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TFS will only match on exact AD username, but it doesn't display this username anywhere. TFS always displays the user's friendly display name "John Doe". So there is a gap between what you see in TFS, and what you must type in order to successfully search.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my organisation inside the display names the location of the person is also mentioned, which makes it very hard to find shelvesets of another team member.

• Andrew Merkouris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! I think it should be a combo of team member names or at least a wild card search for team member names or shelveset names.

Feedback and Knowledge Base