I suggest you ...

Coded UI support in multi desktop feature of Windows 10

Hi,

I have installed latest Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2013 Update 5.

Initiated a Run CodedUI test in Windows 10 -> Desktop 1, opened Desktop 2 to do some other work and hoping that CodedUI test will run in Desktop 1.

But my assumption was wrong.

Visual Studio is Running on Desktop 1.

Execution of opening Web browser and Navigating took place in Desktop 2.

Where I thought still both Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 are active sessions, hence CodedUI execution would be take place in Desktop 1.

Is it a bug or behavior is correct.

As a end user developer.. I believe if we have two or n number of Desktop sessions the process should be done and completed in that Desktop session instance.

Thanks
Santosh

225 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Santosh Yakkala shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Angel Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Code UI Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise is not working for Windows 10
    when I tried to do the Calc test I got this instead of recording the action:
    To test Windows Store apps, use the Code UI Test project template for Windos Store apps under the Windows Store node.

• Lars-Ake Obrien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very very valuable. I can't imagine that this would take a lot of effort to develop from Microsoft. This would really help in our automated testing efforts.

• Santosh Yakkala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team,

Waiting for this feature to be rolled out atleast in the next version update of Windows 10 OS.

Thanks
    Santosh

• Ted Weiner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't tell you how many times I could have used this feature to be able to run multiple concurrent test sessions on a single machine. This would be a HUGE productivity win for me as a tester.

• Raph-K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this feature as it would allow me to run tests and use my machine at the same time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base