I suggest you ...

Dynamic Update

Why is it so difficult to update the definition of a Workflow? It's a very basic functionality of having to add, remove or modify an activity in design mode, but it has become impossible for me to upgrade because after generated map, running the "Load" always gives an error whose supporting documentation it is not help to solve the problem.

I feel that the developers are very abandoned this issue. The technology works well, but the issue of dynamic update is very poor.

For example, I get errors style:

"State machine does not support Dynamic Update, if the trigger of an existing activity is modified, or condition or Action Activity is re-assigned to new transition".

Or
"Can not remove the activity '####' Because it is running."

Microsoft provides examples that focus solely on code updates, and this is not efficient. My suggestion is to improve the dynamic update process definitions workflow, or, provide more specific information about mistakes and errors that can occur, since it is very difficult to implement and discover the errors if it doesn't have the adequate support for technology.
Thank you!

PD: I've read MSDN information on the topic. For that reason I present my suggestion.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    andy_crc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problems and yeah, the documentation is terrible. Everybody are trying to make dynamic update work and till now (6 years) i havent seen even one succeed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree. We are trying to implement Dynamic Update at work, and it has been one headache after another. And documentation of the issues is scarce or non-existent!

Feedback and Knowledge Base