I suggest you ...

bring back Build Explorer in Visual Studio 2015

Build Explorer had been removed in Visual Studio 2015 in favour of a browser based solution.
Unfortunately not all function of Visual Stduio Build Explorer are available in TFS Web Access.
Currently it is really frustrating when you need to look at code coverage in source files and not only at the percentage.
the information is stored in TFS and you can still use it with Visual Studio 2010 - 2013 but needing to use two Visual Studio does not allow to switch completely to Visual Studio 2015.

534 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Daniel Steiner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is no plan for us to expose VNext builds in the IDE. We’ve improved the experience of viewing your build in other browsers (ie. Chrome, Safari), not just IE/Edge. If you continue to have issues in other browsers, please let us know.

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Olivier Hélin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very frustrating to exit Visual Studio. I really prefer an integrated solution in my work environment. Web solution should just be an alternative display (for sharing).

• David K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very annoying when having a default browser that unfortunately does not play nice with AD accounts. I also see no reason to rip open a browser when I have the desktop app right in front of me.

• dw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The web based build explorer does not let you select what details to delete when deleting a build. This makes it useless for most of our purposes. We want to keep labels for successful builds even if we delete the build drop.

Also, Microsoft's continued migration to all web based interfaces is really bad! The performance is slow, the GUI is awkward and expansive compared to the tight neat native controls.

• FloH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2) opening a build drop on an network share doesn't work at all. did you try to copy that proposed URL and past it to explorer or even open in IE? Do you really expect me to always replace the slashes by backslashes or manually browse my network share?

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base