I suggest you ...

Support Spec Explorer in Visual Studio 2015

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351408/support-spec-explorer-in-visual-studio-2015.html
Spec Explorer is a masterpiece for testing requirements:
It is closest to the best general known way of defining requirements ( thanks to abstract state machines) in a language you master using a very rich object-object oriented architecture!
Please make it work with Visual Studio 2015.

223 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TTing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just wonder if there's any update on this? Would be nice to learn about the roadmap that Microsoft have in mind if possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spec Explorer is so close to the requirement syntax of the ISO 29148:2011 using the guarded update rules. You can't beat it on that point neither ...

• AdminVisual Studio Team (Product Team, Microsoft Visual Studio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(Charles Sterling here)
        I see this moved the Test category...replying from a test tool perspective.

We are definitely looking to enable collect stakeholder requirements and generate tests as a result. That said the implementation we will likely take will be more along the lines of Exploratory Testing.

• tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a very good tool, i love it. and please add SE more examples, especially on the UML.

Are there any guys with interested in writing their own framework for Model Based Testing (either open source or proprietary? Please contact: software-team@wp.pl . I strongly believe that MBT is a testing choice and strategy for XXI century.

This tool (in VS 2010) was the best model based testing tool available. Please support it in VS 2015 or make it open source.

This in VS 2010 was the best model based testing tool available. Please support it in VS 2015 or make it open source.

Or please make Spec Explorer/the plug-in open source
        * the Z3 prover (part of Spec Explorer)
        * and the Protocol Test Framework used for testing with Spec Exlorer
        are on GIThub already!

Feedback and Knowledge Base