Visual Studio IDE

Announcement: Last fall, we migrated this forum to Visual Studio Developer Community to provide you one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. As the final step in the migration, this forum will be closed off completely on June 1st, 2019. We encourage you to visit Visual Studio Developer Community where you can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas, and engage with Visual Studio teams.

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Visual Studio, so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Visual Studio Team

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop NuGet Package Manager from accessing the web when no connection

Our Visual Studio environment is NOT connected to the internet. Even when I deselect all web package sources the program goes out to the internet! Why? Because it is going to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=288859
    to fetch a purple graphic with the letters .Net inside. Please include this graphic in the local .dll. Our current work-around is to create a fake DNS entry for go.microsoft.com which returns nothing quickly. Else EVERY package source in the folder I select adds a 10 second delay - for 50 packages the package manager is unresponsive for about 8 minutes!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  NuGet Package Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to comply with nuGet package licences

Make it easier to comply with nuGet package licences by allowing to filter that are nor compatible with the desired licence.

Also, it would be nice to be able to automatically generate and maintain the list of licences that are in use and have some way to display the information in common frameworks (ASP.NET (MVC), Windows Forms, WPF...).

Also some packages have licences where it seems that we need to provide a way to use an updated version of the library (LGPL). For desktop application, I think that it would be possible to somehow allow the user to load an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  NuGet Package Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove "Incompatible: Use Bower instead" message from NuGet Package Manager

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351787/remove-incompatible-use-bower-instead-message-from.html
    Bower is deprecated so telling people to go use Bower instead is crazy. Updated the message to point to something else like a page describing npm/yarn and Library Manager.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop opening the output window when clearing nuget cache

When clearing the NuGet Cache (which needs to be done a lot as VS is really bad at keeping in in sync) the output window pops up. Can you stop this happening please. If I have a popup closed, I want it to stay closed for a reason. This applies to any popup (the error list is another common culprit).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add filter for missing nuget packages in package manager

While undergoing the painful process of converting a massive solution to using NuGet packages, be able to filter the list of packages in NPM to only show ones that are missing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 希望提供Nuget收藏功能

Thank the development team for providing Nuget package management functions and making unremitting efforts. I see the "roaming extension manager" function for extension that has been provided in VS, hoping to provide the function of collecting the Nuget packages. Developers can collect or synchronize the favorite and frequently used Nuget packages with the login account within the VS, so that developers need to use the Nuget package without having to enter the name of the Nuget package each time. The search can be downloaded and referenced to the project directly in the favorites, and it can also alleviate the pressure…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. NuGet suppress update support

As projects are using NuGet heavily now and there are so many package dependencies it is becoming more frequent that a NuGet package cannot be updated because of a dependency on another package that isn't ready yet or otherwise would break things.

Case 1: OWIN 4.0.0 was released. You can update this package in your apps. But if you use Autofac's OWIN package it has a version limit that says that OWIN 4.0.0 isn't supported. If you updated all the packages at once then you might get notified otherwise you'll update the packages and then realize they won't work and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base