Visual Studio IDE

Announcement: This forum has been migrated to provide our customers one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. You can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas in the Visual Studio Developer Community. To learn more about the migration to Visual Studio Developer Community please check out the release blog post.

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Visual Studio, so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Visual Studio Team

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For faster response times using VSO ANZ region, make the cloud server available in Australia

We are accessing VSO from New Zealand but the server is in South Central America which results in very slow response times while loading backlog items/test cases etc. Like HP have done for cloud version of Quality Center/ALM, is Microsoft considering the hosting from Australia east coast which would make VSO more responsive for users in this region?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. зделать програмку чтоб Тесла

при возникновение нестандартных ситуаций на дороге не сама думала что делать а по skype звонила и мы ей говорили и управление могло переходить на ручное с планшета или телефона

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable executing Powershell on Azure Web Apps

While working on continuous deployment scenarios performing azure tasks on a Web App is quite cumbersome.

For example, simply copying files from a storage account to the web app takes too long from VSO. It requires met to add those files to my zource tree. If the files could be copied from the storage directly to the Web App, this would speed things up considerably.

I believe there are many more scenarios that would benefit from this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide MS Exchange Server for startups

Starting to provides Exchange server for startups by Microsoft Cloud allow Microsoft to connect and establish more relationships with entrepreneurs and new companies.

Messaging service and communication are the both main requirements for startups. To adopt a Email messaging platform like Exchange and support the whole company for 2 years will be the great foundation to acquire new long-term customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. diascherian@gmail.com At India we have VM at DataCenter, with Windows 2012 Server & SQL Server 2012, we need monthly subscription for Visu

diascherian@gmail.com

At India we have VM at DataCenter, with Windows 2012 Server & SQL Server 2012, we need monthly subscription for Visual Studio 2012, Steps ?

At India we have VM at DataCenter, with Windows 2012 Server & SQL Server 2012, we need monthly subscription for Visual Studio 2012, Steps Pls ?

Will the below link server the purpose?
    https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms.vs-professional-monthly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support Fingerprint Automation in Xamarin Cloud

Support Fingerprint Automation in Xamarin Cloud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How to Find the Fine Movers Packers in Bangalore

An excellent and professional packers and movers in Bangalore can offer you truly hassle-free and comfortable relocation experience offering you quality relocation services for your relocation and moving needs. Whether you are moving down the road in Bangalore or moving using this city to someplace else; a good emocionar in Bangalore will always gratify you with excellent relocation services. It really is true that a good mover in Bangalore will make your move easy and simple. But deciding on the best provider for relocation in and from Bangalore can be tricky and challenging activity for you.

There are many professional…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. OneDrive for Visual Studio

To begin with, my idea is very simple. I am looking for multiple users to be able to edit the exact same file at the same time like a person can do with the Office Suite. If this were implemented, Visual Studio would have an advantage over every other IDE. I am not entirely sure how the Office Suite handles it, but if I was the one who programmed it: I would build a OneDrive framework for each app to override and implement. This might mean adding Visual Studio into the Suite. However, with a Visual Studio/Onedrive connection, GitHub would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Autoincrement service fabric versions automatically detecting what code has changed

VS can detect which code has changed - it knows all the dependencies. It should just auto increment the affected service fabric projects when any project which depends on them has changed.

Not only will this make this an automated process, the developer does not have to figure out manually which projects were affected by a code change done in one project, if there are lots of projects and dependencies between them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Test charts in VSTS as in FTS

I wish there was a way to add test/bugs graphs and reports to the test dashboard in VSTS, similar to TFS 2017.

We really need a way to see testing progress *over time* (and not just a snapshot) in VSTS:
    - Number of manually run tests per day
    - Number of open/closed bugs per day

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. learn to play nice with ports

When you hog ports in areas where everyone else also use them, you should display error messages or just dynamically adjust instead of your mediocre software dying a slow horrible death.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How about using PERSONAL Computers to keep your IP PERSONAL?

I've got a PC that could handle, without a clou, er, mainframe, ALL the software needed for this project. WHY should WE be forced to hand our ideas over to MS, when just keeping the system unplugged from the 'net is usually sufficient to protect us from any non-burglary breakin. Look at the list of current MS security "fixes" including those applicable for Win-NT through Win 10! Folks, this is one reason PCs were INVENTED. At worse (as it was running Conway Life programs on 1/12th of a PDP-8/I, at worse, this might mean time for a Coke between generations)…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. get with the times - make so any change to the website auto-reloads the browser during development

web developers expect that any time they make a change to a page that the site will automatically reload in the browser. Once you are used to this sort of behavior, using the old 'F5 to refresh' paradigm just seems cumbersome. See tools like reload, nodemon, browserfy, webpack-dev-server .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Detect invalid work item owners

In Visual Studio Online, we have work items/bugs associated to people that left the org, and some that left the company.

I would like to have a filter option that I could specify:
    assignedTo / is (not) member of / AD group

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deduplicate Asp.net Web Application templates (Web/Cloud categories)

In New Project window, there's a "Web" category, and a "Cloud" category. Both contain a similar "Web Application" project template, which actually produce identical project shells. Can you please either deduplicate these, or somehow indicate that these produce the same project and files, so that developers are not confused as to what the difference might be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)