Visual Studio IDE

Announcement: This forum has been migrated to provide our customers one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. You can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas in the Visual Studio Developer Community. To learn more about the migration to Visual Studio Developer Community please check out the release blog post.

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Visual Studio, so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Visual Studio Team

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. จงทำดีต่อไป เจ๋งครับ Amezing

ขอบคุณคับผม จากใจ...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Testing functionality

my testing tseta adf a

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make quick find dialog a little bit more accessible for those of us who still HATE it for good reasons

Five years since VS2012 release, the "productive" quick find is still a major pain.

My right eye is much worse than my left one (always has been). I don't want a small dialog (or small ANYTHING, for that matter) on the right side of my screen. Let me unpin it and reposition it wherever I please! There's already a "center" option in the similar Go To dialog - it's a start. Why doesn't quick find have that at least?

Let me scale quick find's font size without scaling the rest of the parent window contents (I'm comfortable enough with font…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Edge for Android

Gosh I was so close to finishing up the GitHub repositories of code for graphics and video playback via web browser..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Your System

You Should Registered All the .Net Developers in Your system and provide them All the product with free of cost and provide them full setup.
    Reason:-
    Some of developer don't have data pack in bulk in their system developers have no time to spent on live installation.
    you should provide us to full setup.
    e.g: Visual Studio 2015.
    Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To provide File Transforms & Variable Substitution Options in Azure Cloud Service Deployment

I have to deploy a project on Azure Cloud Service, I am using Azure Cloud Service Deployment task for the deployment. I have multiple config files to manage for multiple environment, but there is no option to manage File Transforms & Variable Substitution as it is there in App Service Deploy task.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change underlining styles instead of just colour

My colleague is partially colour blind and he says the biggest issue he has with Visual Studio is that he can't tell the colours of the underlining apart.
    Our suggestion is that it would be great to have different style of underlining - eg a Sine Wave, an up ramp, a down ramp etc as well as the colours.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. send bobs nd vagene pic s

snd tese to mi

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve key bindings manager

It is my opinion that the keybinding manager for visual studio is abysmal. A shame because of so many other great features. I'm a student using VS Enterprise for free through my College, and I have to say that I am not considering purchasing VS afterwards specifically for this drawback.
    This might seem extreme, but I prefer not to use the mouse as much as possible, which means I've got a lot of shortcuts to learn. Right now, learning/changing shortcuts quickly is unnecessarily burdensome. Somehow, the free community version for mac has better features than the enterprise windows version in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This idea leads to top development in microsoft business such an idea tells about networking access of various locations shows .......

The new idea introducing about the networking system among the mobiles there is a one thing about network that is simple way to identify the network access mode is to develop a new software that's the named as network identifier.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cambiar el color del tema al compartir un mapa de código

Si se utiliza el tema oscuro, en los mapas de código se exporta el fondo negro al compartir (exportar a XPS o copiar imagen), que no es muy útil si se va a imprimir o incluir en un documento.

Se debería permitir elegir el color de fondo de los mapas o exportarlos con el tema claro para que el fondo fuese blanco en la imagen copiada.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow users working on the same TFS projects to send links to code to eachother.

Allow users working on the same TFS projects to send links to code to each other.

Eg, I'm working on a Project3 in Solution1 that I got from the TFS. I want to show Line23 of TestClass2.cs to collegue of mine, who is working on it as well.

It'd be nice to be able to right click on that line and press 'copy tfs path' or smth like that.

After that, I could paste to my friend on Skype smth similar to following:

vst://$/Mapped_TFS_Root/Solution1/Project3/Infrastructure/TestClass2.cs:line23

Which would allow him to easily click it and access part of the code I'm talking…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it as easy as Code::Blocks to compile a program.

I love the appearance of this product, it's much easier on the eyes than Code::Blocks is, but as a novice trying to learn how to code as well as learning how to run your program it would be amazing if I could just do simple console programs to practice coding without having to jump through hoops to just get the console to tell me the sum of a+b is 7, or strings of text. Basically, why isn't 'Compile and Build', without any extra steps for things this simple, an option?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Indented text is not pasted correctly in TFS text editors

Indented text is not pasted correctly in TFS text editors
    Steps to reproduce
    add a new bug in TFS
    in the steps to reproduce:
    create a list with bullets and one of the lines indented
    Example:
    * list
    * list2
    *sublist2
    copy the list and paste below where a bullet is
    Actual result
    the list will be pasted in incorrect order

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. CamelHumps

This is such an important feature to make Visual Studio more accessible for people who are working on Keyboards only.

I can't understand why this feature is still not implemented in Visual Studio, it's 2018!

Please help making Visual Studio better and more accessible for everyone.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Independent code window zooming

Since many people develop on a laptop and have an external monitor, depending on workstation setup, sometimes the laptop monitor can be further away than the desktop (or I suppose vice versa) and the text on the further away monitor is "smaller" and difficult to see. Therefore, I'm reviving a previously closed suggestion to allow Visual Studio to independently set the zoom level on code editors -- e.g. code editors' zoom level is NOT synchronized with one another.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base