Visual Studio IDE

Announcement: This forum has been migrated to provide our customers one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. You can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas in the Visual Studio Developer Community. To learn more about the migration to Visual Studio Developer Community please check out the release blog post.

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Visual Studio, so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Visual Studio Team

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LANGUAGE BASED SHORTCUTS PLEASE! CTRL + ` DOESNT WORK FOR EVERYONE!

Changing the shortcuts depending on keyboard layouts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exclude from the build hotkey

I have a massive amout of build comparison work and I really need a hot key for this... not even for this work I always wonder about hot key for exclude from the build hot key can you help this VS developer?

thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Override default system keyboard layout

It would be lovely if I could tell VS to override whichever keyboard layout the system uses, and to always use the one I tell it to instead, particularly if this setting was synced across computers!
    While Windows supports several layouts and has a per-app setting, it won't remember the last used layout on VS, and it won't share the setting with other VS instances. It can also get pretty easy to mess it up while working on other windows and switching layouts back and forth.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Folder Bookmarks

Make it possible to mark often used folders in Project Explorer as a favorite. Like in Outlooks Favorites.

Then create a quickmenu in style of Windows + Tab to quick switch between the bookmarked folders to open in Project Explorer.

This is useful when working with MVC or Razor Pages when you have lots of folders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hide status bar

Hello!
    It would be great if the blue bar on the bottom could be hidden.
    The bright color can be very distracting in certain lighting conditions and it's always better to have more space if you need it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "open to the side" shortcut when selecting file with ctrl+tab

when I am switching to another file using keyboard shortcut "ctrl+tab" (on OSX) it would be great if I could open the file to the side, for eg for quick compare or when I'll be working with 2 files side by side.

I also couldn't find any shortcut to change focus between the 2, or 3 panels

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow scrolling past both ends of the document to center content vertically on large TVs with low vision users

Being visually impaired, using a large TV as my computer screen, it would be helpful to have an option to be able to scroll a document before the content just as you're able to fully scroll past the end of the document. This would allow me to see the code in the center of the screen where my gaze is centered and focused already; I'm certain others wouldn't mind this option either.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Ctrl-F search box not send you back to editor after last result. This makes me accidentally delete code all the time.

Make Ctrl-F search box not send you back to editor after last result. This makes me accidentally delete code all the time. I hit enter looking for next result, but don't realize I am now deleting the last thing it found.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 부천오피 {OPSS}4.{com} 역삼오피 【오】피【쓰】 광주오피

부천오피 {OPSS}4.{com} 역삼오피 【오】피【쓰】 광주오피부천오피 {OPSS}4.{com} 역삼오피 【오】피【쓰】 광주오피부천오피 {OPSS}4.{com} 역삼오피 【오】피【쓰】 광주오피부천오피 {OPSS}4.{com} 역삼오피 【오】피【쓰】 광주오피부천오피 {OPSS}4.{com} 역삼오피 【오】피【쓰】 광주오피부천오피 {OPSS}4.{com} 역삼오피 【오】피【쓰】 광주오피부천오피 {OPSS}4.{com} 역삼오피 【오】피【쓰】 광주오피부천오피 {OPSS}4.{com} 역삼오피 【오】피【쓰】 광주오피

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prepare a thorough and extensive user manual for blind users who are intrested to code via Visual Studio using JAWS/NVDA screen readers.

I would really appreciate if a manual pertaining to accessibilityof visual studio can be made available with thorough instructions on using it with screen readers like JAWS/NVDA and settings/customization required in the IDE for screen-reader access. Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep in mind developers using a vertical monitor for development

The editor works well if its used within a landscape monitor, but not a portrait monitor. It would be great if the Portrait monitor experience is optimized.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support side scrolling while designing an app, I use a Logitech MX Master, with a side scroll wheel.

Add support for side scrolling wheels. For example, MX Master mouse. I am designing the layout of my app, but can not sidescroll using that wheel, I have to use the slider.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4146851375

تجديد جوازات

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. IPA Upload affiliate program

Help Us Promote App Development
    IPA Upload allows developers to submit their Cordova App to the AppStore from
    Join Our Affiliate Program
    We are offering 15% commision on uploads generated through your site. Subscriptions generate commision on every recurrent payment. Just sign up, get your affiliate link and share it with your visitors.
    Start Now https://ipaupload.com/affiliate/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow read access to Git without being a member of the project Readers group

I would like to be able to add a group or user to the Readers Security group for a Git Repo without having that same group being a member of the project's Readers group.

There are times when we would like to read only grant access to a repo without granting access to Work items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Retrieve Product keys section of My Visual Studio

Have the option to give back claimed keys and release them back to the pool in the My Visual Studio - Product key section and also as an admin recall users keys which they have taken out in the past

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Downloads page filter from new to old

Hi,

On the downloads page, in most categories I see lots of listing, but some of the products/software/tools were released as far back as 2000, I find it strange to see the 2017 listings below the release date of 2000.

I would appreciate if you can add either a filter for years (dropdown checkboxes) or allow a sort by (dropdown) feature by the year in descending order.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Integrate team plan into Visual Studio. This should be a new funtionality where TFS users will update their leave plan into the system.

Integrate team leave plan into TFS. This should be a new functionality where TFS users will update their leave plan into the system. So lead or manager will be displayed their team leave plan and deviation from work hours for a planned task in a new dashboard.

Major improvements:
    - User update their leave plan into TFS.
    - Manager or leads can view their teams plan and approve the plan based on work load.
    - A new dashboard will display all users leave plans and deviation of delivery with each users leave plan.
    - Automatic alerts to user and lead…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base