Visual Studio 2015

Welcome to the Visual Studio 2015 UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for the IDE of Visual Studio (Community, Professional or Enterprise). You can also add suggestions for Team Services or Visual Studio Code. Or go to Connect to file a bug. Note that Application Insights has moved to its own UserVoice forum.

We also added an Announcements section where we will be posting special opportunities for you to participate in.

Read about current UserVoice statuses and their definitions in our article “What Does the Status of My Feedback Mean?” article.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Visual Studio team
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure REST API + SDK: Batching of Queue Put and Delete

Queue operations in Windows Azure have limited IO (2k/sec) because the queue lives in one partition.

For other storage operations we would be able to work around this limit by using batching. But Put and Delete on the Queue REST API (and therefore the Azure SDK) is missing batch operations (which should be possible since it is on the same partition). Please add these possibilities.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Windows Azure Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • HDInsight Tools for Visual Studio - Create HDInsight Cluster - Specify Cluster Type

When creating a new Cluster using the 'Azure HDInsight Create Cluster Task' in HDInsight Tools for Visual Studio it is not currently possible to specify the cluster type.

Can this please be added to the Expressions at least so that this is possible to do in SSIS.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Windows Azure Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Implement again Notification Hub Explorer

In the old version of Microsoft Azure Cloud explorer is possinleto debug notification hubs.
        Now is no more possible, why?
        Actually cloud is useful only to launch azure portal, but the web porta has no the same feature of old tool.
        For example now is no more possible to see the list of registered devices, registrationId, expireDate and tags.

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Azure Marketplace App for windows 10

Windows 10 has Windows App Store pre-installed
          It would be better to pre-install Azure Store [which allows the user to browse azure marketplace apps and install in local machine]
          an upgrade to Windows Platform Installer

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Azure Data Factory tooling in VS2015

If I select just one or two objects in my ADF solution to be published why are all of them validated e.g. if \I decide NOT to update my Azure data lake linked service then the fact that the authorisation token is out of date shouldn't matter as I am not publishing.

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Azure Cloud Service projects debug folder structure not equivalent to deployment

When debugging an Azure Cloud Service project in Visual Studio 2015, the folder structure contained within the "csx" directory does not match the structure of the cssx contents of the cloud service package (cspkg).

For example, packaging from VS2015 by selecting "Package" from the cloud service project context menu will result in a cspkg that contains a cssx directory. Within cssx, for a web role with a site, you'll see a "sitesroot" folder.

However, when simply running Debug for the solution, the IIS host will contain <solution_dir>\Debug\roles\<role_name>\approot, but no sitesroot directory. No degree of changing the physicalPath properties in the…

2 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Windows Azure Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Make VS aware of what is installed/availeble in/on a VM, CS, WebsSite in Azure and automatically include everything that is missing

With the osFamily defined for a role there should be no problem finding out what exactly is available on VMs running the instances for that role.

So if any of the projects referenced by the AzureCloudServiceProject has any references to any DLLs that are not available in Azure those references should be automatically be marked with CopyLocal=true so that if something work on my machine when I develop and debug, it will also work when deployed to Azure.

Of course VisualStudio.com-TFS-BuildServer-Agents-should be of the same osFamily as the one specified in the osFamily so there will be no problem building…

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Cloud Explorer login to Azure should be automatic when user is on AzureAD-joined Windows 10 device

When I'm logged in to my windows 10 AzureAD-joined device using an Azure login I shouldn't have to enter credentials when using Azure Cloud Explorer. That's the point of AzureAD-join.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Azure Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Display project name in Azure Tools upgrade dialog

When opening solution containing Azure projects and only newer version of Azure Tools is installed, there is displayed the upgrade dialog (se attachment) as many times how many Azure projects within the solution. It is confusing when dealing with projects you haven't worked on. Either add project name to the dialog text or display it only once and apply to all.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Azure Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Promt user if deleting all resources is desired

When going to add a resource to a Resource Group template, I accidentally deleted the entire resources subtree. would be nice with a promt "are you sure?"

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • GaaS gide render host service

I hope to Add Nivida GaaS for stream GIDE rendering
                        like Amazon GaaS host server for games stream on real time rendering

link
                        http://www.nvidia.com/object/cloud-gaming.html

link
                        https://developer.nvidia.com/grid-app-game-streaming

link for GaaS server setup
                        https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/build-3d-streaming-applications-with-ec2s-new-g2-instance-type/

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base