Visual Studio 2015

Welcome to the Visual Studio 2015 UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for the IDE of Visual Studio (Community, Professional or Enterprise). You can also add suggestions for Team Services or Visual Studio Code. Or go to Connect to file a bug. Note that Application Insights has moved to its own UserVoice forum.

We also added an Announcements section where we will be posting special opportunities for you to participate in.

Read about current UserVoice statuses and their definitions in our article “What Does the Status of My Feedback Mean?” article.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Visual Studio team
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Relocation services provider packers & movers services http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-thane/

Shifting is one of the complicated items that require interest and time both. If you don’t have any of these then go with packers and movers for the protected shifting. If you are residing in Thane the Silicon Valley of Indian then strategy the efficient packers and movers in Thane for the protected and harm totally free transport of your products. Shifting with Removal Company is always a pleasure as you need not to package and move any factor they will manage each and anything professionally. They assure complete security to your valuables and also cover them against loss and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  SQL Server Data Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Get the Best Packers and Movers Services http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-chennai/

Among various shifting firms Packers and Movers Chennai has been at the front of providing top great quality options to a family event associates as well as expert organizations which often need to go their items across diverse places in India.
      How Packers and Movers Charge?
      Packers and movers Chennai price on several factors such as kind boasting of merchandise, the put it occupies in the vehicles. Besides, volume of merchandise, time taken to provide items, manpower boasting deployed also kind basis of shifting expenses. Let us discuss the same in detail;
      Goods Weight and Volume
      Professional overall look movers…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  SQL Server Data Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Movers5th in offers Free Quotes of top Movers services http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-mumbai/

The well-known movers and packers like us provide you with flexibility to go in your price range within Mumbai or close by locations. The cost of packers and movers alternatives in Mumbai will vary centered on range and fill of items that we have to bring or transported. Obviously, costs will become high if range and items amount if high.
        We guarantee straight forward moving alternatives for clients that are extremely effective and worth too. If you wanted to go your automobiles from one position to other then we have choice for the same as well. For example, if you…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Get Verfied and Trusted Packers and Movers Services http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-hyderabad/

Relocation is a problematic process which can disturb all people. It is troublesome enough to get you highly tired and stress filled. It is bit of a tedious too. But moving can the easy. Well it can be created less difficult and simpler. You can certainly convert moving into lenient and streamlined circumstance. And the remedy is licensed packers and movers or elimination organizations. An outstanding moving organization will help with your moving dramatically in the whole phenomenon and provides you entirely trouble-free and pleasant moving encounter. You will not only create moving painless and smooth but also enjoy your…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Keep the tree structure as it was, after refreshing Work Items under TFS

While working under Team Explorer > Work Items; if you add a Work Item while browsing the results of a query (where "title"s appear as a tree structure depending on their links) and refresh the results afterwards, the current view of tree structure is reset. It happens even if you don't update anything related to Work Items. It would be better if the tree structure remained as it was, only renewed to contain the changes (if any).

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Bring back generate method stub command

I cannot find this command in Options -> Environment -> Keyboard anymore. Has it been removed? If so, it's probably one of the worst decisions you've made for this product.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  IDE and Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • A Sprint Kanban Board instead of TaskBoard (ScrumBan)

Support for ScrumBan

It would be nice to be able to add columns and swimlanes to the taskboard. If a Kanban View could be used at a sprint level that would allow teams to have different columns, limits, and lanes. It would give teams even more flexibility.

perhaps there could be the option to remove tasks and just use PBIs in a sprint?

9 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Peek Definition Debugger Support

It would be very happy to see Debugger support Peek Definition.
                  Let's say we call some method of some class. And Peek Definition would provide Step Into the code of that method right from the current line, expanding Peek Definition View and highlighting debugging line in the same place instead of redirection to a newly opened source code file

Thanks

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Debugging and Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Visual Should should include UWP UI samples by default

On WP 7, 8.0, 8.1, Windows 8.x, we had some default samples like grid, hub, pivots, etc. On Windows 10 we should have some default samples like hamburger menu/splitview and other default guidelines UI's. Why? We should have a consistent UI between 3rd party apps... Right now, every developer need to implement their own way of hamburger menu. If you guys shipped with a sample, or better, just like Toolbar Ink on Anniversary Update, would be awesome!

17 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  IDE and Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Support mode to have XAML tags with N or less attributes formatted on a single line.

There is the option to have XAML tag attributes formatted on individual lines, however when there are only a couple of attributes it looks better to format as a single line, such as in the case of Style Setters:

<Setter Property="..." Value="..." />

Instead of

<Setter Property="..."
                      Value="..." />

or

<Setter
                      Property= "..."
                      Value ="..." />

I find there are a lot of times where there are only two attributes in a XAML tag but I usually prefer to have them in a single line.

However I always prefer to have a large list of attributes with each placed on…

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • String comparison operator that ignores case

In C#, the == comparison operator is always case-sensitive when comparing string values, and there does not appear to be an alternate operator that can ignore case. Instead, you have to do something like this, which seems quite ugly and unnecessary for such a common type of string comparison:

string.Equals(string1, string2, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase)

By comparison, in PowerShell, the standard -eq operator ignores case when comparing string values, and there is an additional -ceq operator that allows you to force case sensitivity when comparing strings.

Given that the need for two different string comparison operators was already identified and addressed in PowerShell,…

6 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Languages - C#  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Updater

the installer/updater should determine whether VMware is installled and then skip the installation of HyperV, simply because they cannot coexist. it just keeps installing it, while I'm forced to keep uninstalling it - in order to keep the system operational. picking up ANDROID_HOME might also be useful - I mean, reporting SDK/NDK was found and skipping that install.

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Remove the usage of user profiles.

They serve no purpose towards users. Using an activation code was more than enough, the user profile is an invasion to privacy.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow StakeHolders to create PBIs under a feature

Currently when a StakeHolder is adding a new PBI in the backlog, it is not associated with any feature regardless of the selected feature un the tree. Also, since StakeHolders cannot move PBIs under a feature by drag/droping them, it becomes very tedious for them to associate PBIs to a feature (they have to eidt links manually). This is generating a lot of friction in the adoption of TFS tools. It would be nice if they could make the association easily.

22 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • When using Live Visual Tree with Enable Selection in the running app, implement a shortcut key to temporarily disable selection.

The Live Visual Tree is a great tool to help debug WPF presentations, however I find I have to constantly go back to Visual Studio to turn off and back on the Enable Selection option to interact with the UI in order to show another view or perform an action.

While the ability to have a toolbar appear in the app window you are inspecting was added for VS 2015 Update 2, it would be great if there was a way set a mode where the right mouse button acts like a normal left mouse button click to interact with…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • MSDN Website Documentation

Ref: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0ka9477y(v=vs.110).aspx

When giving code examples, it may be helpful to color code the "using <name>" namespace ref. for each specific namespace method as it is used in the code. This can help with forming a quick association to which namespace is being used as a reader is skimming the code.

A method similar to the above example is worth exploring also. :-)

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Not have a hard stop with Visual Studio when the subscription expires.

If you can notify me during a compile that my license expired and stop compiling, you can certainly put out a compiler warning(once per project) that the license will expire in less than a week and give me time to repurchase the action pack subscription. It can take up to 3 days to get going again.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Shortcut to view the start page

I think there should be a shortcut to view the start page.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Use full namespace when adding a using namespace reference

When adding a using namespace statement to a C# file from the suggested actions dropdown, it would be nice to have an option that kept the old VS behavior where it would always use the full namespace name instead of a partial namespace.

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Let me keep my project open when I look at work items in team explorer

Whenever I want to look at my work items I need to reconnect, which closes my open project. Then when I open a project it closes my query results. Why can't I just see my query results window without having to close my project?

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base