I suggest you ...

Enable Roslyn-Powered Code Views

This vote is for developers who support the idea of Roslyn-Powered Code Views. Code Views are a conceptual improvement to the way Visual Studio renders code to a developer, and how a developer works with that code.

Opening a file: To load a Code View, code is loaded into memory and parsed as a Roslyn AST. From there, it is processed through a developer's Code Formatting Profile to render the code to the developer as they prefer it. This includes such things as spacing (spaces or tabs), documentation (on or off), and characters/symbols around fields (underscores or even Hungarian notation if they wish).

Saving a file: When a file is saved back to disk, the Code View sends it back to Roslyn to create an AST. The AST is then parsed and processed to create a 100% StyleCop-compliant code file, which is then saved to disk. From there it can then be checked into source control.

For more information around this idea, an article has been created to explore this concept at length. You can view that article here:
http://blog.developers.win/2015/10/roslyn-powered-code-views/

Finally, this is intended to be a starting point for discussion, and not a final solution. THAT is meant for the experts there at Microsoft. :) Thank you for any support, dialogue, and feedback around this idea!

133 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Developers Win!Developers Win! shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...