I suggest you ...

Creating Queries - Token for Current Iteration

When creating a work item query, you are given the option to select the iteration path for which the query is to return results for. It will be fantastic if a token was provided such as [Active Iteration] and you can specify the active iteration manually, or TFS calculating it via the Start/End dates

2,194 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lambros VasiliouLambros Vasiliou shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow TFS queries to use shared snippets  ·   · 
    rob gagerob gage shared a merged idea: enable query to look for dates in a sprint  ·   · 
    Alessandro GrapsAlessandro Graps shared a merged idea: TFS: Iteration Path : Get CurrentIteration Path variables in queryes  ·   · 
    Tigran TorosyanTigran Torosyan shared a merged idea: Current Sprint queries Interation Path auto update  ·   · 
    Ramon DurãesRamon Durães shared a merged idea: Add variable @CurrentSprint (WorkItem>Shared Queries>Sprint Backlog )  ·   · 
    stevesteve shared a merged idea: Add @CurrentIteration variable to TFS  ·   · 
    Bryan HintonBryan Hinton shared a merged idea: Add an @CurrentIteration filter to create dynamic work item queries  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: TFS Current Sprint Macro for query builder: if i have an Iteration tree like ProjectName -> Sprint Number -> Sprint 80 -> Reports. I would  ·   · 

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SisSis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When used, i see error: "TF20037: No Iterations are selected for the team. The macro '@CurrentIteration' is undefined."

• Gaz IqbalGaz Iqbal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this included in the "Update 5 - CTP 3" or will it only be available in the final version?
        Thanks!

• Christian BeermannChristian Beermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for listening to the community, Brain Harry! Now I don't have to edit all queries after the iterations for my 6 scrum teams. I love this little variable and it saves a lot of time each month! Big like for your dev-team. ;-)

• Max CasconeMax Cascone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this! I also second anon's request for @current_area_path for use when working with sub-teams.

• Phil SpokasPhil Spokas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whoo hoo!!! (I'm generally pretty reserved, so you can take this as awesome news.) T/his has been an annoying soft spot in the product and will save me from the manual Sprint/Iteration "dance" that I never got around to automating)

• Carlos SilvaCarlos Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a ssrs report for TFS, how can i query SQL to display past, current and future iterations ?

in search of help as i am knew to TFS.

Carlos Silva

• KaziKazi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems this will never be impleted. I'd suggest another implementation instead:

Add two new fields to selectable field list: IterationStart, IterationEnd. With these two new fields we can use @Today macro to filter Work items belonging to current/past/future iterations.

Thanks

• Greg ProschGreg Prosch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! And even better would be the ability to reference next and prior say:

Current
        Current + 1
        Current - 1

• Kevin AuchKevin Auch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jason,

It is a nice workaround but I would prefer a specific tag for the current iteration.

• JasonWJasonW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use a hierarchical iteration system like this:

Code\Past\Iteration1
        Code\Past\Iteration2
        Code\Current\Iteraiton3
        Code\Future\Next\Iteration4
        Code\Future\Other

You can then query a specific iteration, and anything in the "groups: current, next past and future.
        At the end of the iteration, you just drag Iteration3 into "Past" and it magically moves everything in that iteration to the "past" group (without adding any history to all the hundreds of individual items)

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base