I suggest you ...

Allow Test Work Items on the Storyboard

On the Team Foundation Service ALM tool I want to have a Storyboard for a Sprint which shows ALL the activities which need to be done. This means for a Story I want to see the Tasks AND TESTS which need to be done before this Story is "Done".

Currently Im only able to see Tasks.

I believe this is the MS Scrum Template.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Simon KavanaghSimon Kavanagh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon KavanaghSimon Kavanagh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Gregg, thanks for your feedback. I see I wasnt as clear as I thought originally.

In a Sprint you have a lot of work to do and that work is connected to Stories and Bugs (ideally more of the former!). Lets say you have a 5 Point Story. That 5 points is the teams best estimate at how much effort EVERYTHING will take to complete this Story - mark it as Done. That "everything" is not just development but also testing (and documentation and anything else). A story might be very easy to develop but a nightmare to test if there are lots of different configurations/permutations of environments.

So what Im after is a way to see the tasks related to a story and the tests related to a story on the same board. This is then a true picture of the effort which need to take place on this Story to get it Done.

What do you think? :-)

/Simon

• Visual Studio teamAdminVisual Studio team (Product Team, Microsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an interesting one. What I think you are asking for is for all test tasks to appear on the board. I don't think we could put test cases on the board, since they don't represent tasks. Its the execution of those test cases that need to appear on the board.

We had thought about creating a "test board" which would show the progress of a particular "test run".

More information on what you really want here would be interesting. Thanks for suggesting it.

Gregg Boer - TFS Product Group

Feedback and Knowledge Base