I suggest you ...

Option "Show Always Intellisense"

Sometimes when I want to list all the methods of a function. I have to use 2 keyboard shortcuts to do this.
Option "Always show Intellisense" would make suggestions show ALL the time. If I click somewhere out the editing box, they will disappear, when I click back, they show again.

188 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jacob BrownJacob Brown shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on this idea.

We have reviewed this and are not planning to complete this suggestion in the foreseeable future, as it has not gained sufficient user support relative to other suggestions in this area.

Mark Wilson-Thomas
    Program Manager, Visual Studio Editor

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • QwertieQwertie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Which two keyboard shortcuts show you "all the methods of a function"? Personally, Ctrl+Space and Ctrl+Shift+Space are just about all the IntelliSense I need.

• Kowalewski JanuszKowalewski Janusz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Showing all the time would be anoying.

Try something like this: When the use clicks for example the work Math in the following line all the Math members will popout.

System.Math.Cos(56);

When the user clicks the System word, all the System members will pop out.

3 Stars

• Jacob BrownJacob Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example: I don't remember the method names in classes. When I enter a class, I just browse for the desired one. The times of c++ when a user had to remember everything are way behind. When I sit by my computer I don't know which APIs am I going to use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base