I suggest you ...

Console.ForegroundColor Visual Studio in Menu->View->Output tab

When I am writing console application I can change console background or foreground color and make some data more conspicuous.
But when I am writeing non-console application and I use Console.WriteLine it display data in View->Output tab as BLACK text only.
Sometimes I have to copy a lot of data from Output and use it in elsewhere like Excel.
I think it would be a little better when I will be able to use colors in Output tab. I will easily see if there is any Debug exceptions in other color between my data.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    StefanStefan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. This item has been around for a couple of versions of Visual Studio and we haven’t acted on it. Looking at the VS “15” plans, we’re not going to take action on this item, so we’re going to close it. If the suggestion is still relevant, please either take a look to see if there’s another suggestion that’s similar that you can vote on, or open a new suggestion.

- The Visual Studio Team

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BKBK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Coded UI test I use Console.Writeline method in writing the output to the standard output by using a try catch, If I can display the error messages in color it will be easy to identify.

• BoogalooBoogaloo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I typically use Debug.Print in WinForms apps.. so adding a .ForgroundColor property to the Debug class would be a great compliment / requirement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base