I suggest you ...

Allow multiple windows for search results

Search in files only supports two windows for search results. Old results are permanently discarded and new results are displayed in one of the two windows.

Add support for multiple search result windows.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marius Bancila shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. This item has been around for a couple of versions of Visual Studio and we haven’t acted on it. Looking at the VS “15” plans, we’re not going to take action on this item, so we’re going to close it. If the suggestion is still relevant, please either take a look to see if there’s another suggestion that’s similar that you can vote on, or open a new suggestion.

- The Visual Studio Team

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or have one Find Results window with a drop down that allows you to display previous search results.

• Honza B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Express. I would be very much pleased with two result windows, as used to be in VS2008. It was one of most appreciated features of VS that I loved. I sometimes really critically misses this...

• Daver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would only like this is if a tab appeared for each unique search. thus, if you search for the same word again, it would simply bring you to the preexisting tab and refresh the search results. That way it would reduce the window clutter, yet be smart in that keeps the results you are interested in.Perhaps this could be implemented as the New Solution Explorer that could have multiple instances.

Feedback and Knowledge Base