I suggest you ...

create ALM Ranger guidance on "Leveraging Azure for Performance Testing"

In my opinion the biggest adoption barrier in performance testing on smaller projects is not the tooling but the high infrastructure and administration cost that comes with this phase of testing. Only if a reusable solution was possible and infrastructure management wasn’t as expensive, adoption would certainly spike. It certainly is possible if you bring Visual Studio and Windows Azure into the equation.

But there is hardly any guidance around how windows azure could be leveraged to performance test applications. For example, today its possible to set up the test rig in the cloud, its also possible to have the test rig running in the cloud but registered with a team foundation server on premise, these and several other scenarios require great deal of configuration and customization. If only a document could help define all the possible scenarios, set up possibilities, pros - cons and limitations. This could result in a great spike in performance test adoption ...

I have a few blog post and a video which discusses some of the more common scenarios, http://geekswithblogs.net/TarunArora/category/13291.aspx AND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfpXBU5M9mM&feature=plcp

Submitted by Visual Studio ALM Ranger

149 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tarun AroraTarun Arora shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lars KemmannLars Kemmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Translation:

We're planning a feature/service around this in the future and will be charging you extra for it. This should in no way be construed as a product or ship date announcement or preview.

Feedback and Knowledge Base