I suggest you ...

Make Reporting in TFS Fast and Fluid

Make Reporting in TFS Fast and Fluid

Using Analysis Services and Reporting Services may have seemed like a good idea back in 2003 when you first started designing TFS 2005, however in 2012 these technologies are archaic and difficult to use.

Throw out SSRS and SSAS, heck in TFS 2012 in the new Web Access the team already created a new reporting system for burndowns and for the kanban reports.

Now for TFS 2015 it's time to make reporting EASY for non developers, EASY for managers, and fast and fluid for general end users to design and change.

Look at things like power pivot and rally. There are much BETTER, EASIER, and more powerful ways to do reporting than SSRS and SSAS.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PaulLimPaulLim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Vlatko IvanovskiVlatko Ivanovski shared a merged idea: Expose and host single OData Service for TFSPreview at Windows Azure  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NitinNitin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also of the opiniion that make reporting in TFS much faster and easier for non-technical people. Creating excel and pivot reports is of cource good, but for a customer, Business Analyst etc, this becomes too much tedious. Hope to see simple but strong reporting capabilities down the next releases in TFS.

NK

• John SaundersJohn Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want more votes, you should substantiate your assertions. For instance, would power pivot and rally handle all of the existing TFS reports? For what scenarios are there "better, easier, and more powerful ways to do reporting"?

Feedback and Knowledge Base