I suggest you ...

Allow for IIS Express 64 bit to run from Visual Studio 2012

Right now when you have a 64 bit Web project in Visual Studio 2012 it will always launch the iis express 32 bit version. Can we make Visual studio smarter depending on the platform on what iis express to load. Or at least allow for us to change that path inside the csproj file?

125 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jacob RillemaJacob Rillema shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VovaVova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Много интересной инфы, но по факту как сделать так, чтобы уже через час сайт работал уже в сети? например запуск движка WordPress или Joomla в IIS? я нашел тут

http://unixmold.blogspot.md/2016/06/iis.html

• Anil KumarAnil Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow for IIS Express 64 bit to run from Visual Studio 2013
        TOOLS>OPTIONS>Projects and Solutions>WEB PROJECT and allow

• Mark PineMark Pine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tools | Options | Projects and Solutions | Web Projects | Use the 64 bit version of IIS Express

• shigarrshigarr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I came across this issue while uploading the file as large as 150MB. @dadvav suggestion works for me. I am glad I don't have to go through the scary registry.

• dadvavdadvav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tools | Options | Projects and Solutions | Web Projects | Use the 64 bit version of IIS Express

• MeMe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"This has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013"
        Are you sure?
        I still have problems.
        Why don't you add a manual setting for this also?

• Chris MoschiniChris Moschini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is completed-ish. Although IIS Express can run in 64-bit mode, the most clear way to get it to do so in VS2013 is to set a Registry key so it always does, which isn't really in the spirit of what people were asking for. They wanted something responsive to the settings on a Project in Visual Studio. They got something really buried, with a system-wide switch.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have this problem in VS 2013. Setting the reg key as described below for VS 2013 made it work.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have VS 2013 and i have this problem that IIS express still launching 32 bit version.

• Mike Harder (Microsoft)Mike Harder (Microsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can configure Visual Studio 2012 to use IIS Express 64-bit by setting the following registry key:

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\WebProjects /v Use64BitIISExpress /t REG_DWORD /d 1

However, this feature is not supported and has not been fully tested by Microsoft. Improved support for IIS Express 64-bit is under consideration for the next release of Visual Studio.

Feedback and Knowledge Base