Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Visual Studio TeamAdminVisual Studio Team (Product Team, Microsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marc RisopMarc Risop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really missing this feature from the 32 bit platform. Huge productivity gains can be had with this feature. Our customers all want this feature since recompiling and restarting their applications on our testers can take minutes. Edit and continue allows them to avoid the costly recompile and initialization procedures.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is absolutely needed in our x64 development, and we have wasted countless hours for lack of this feature. Please fix this soon!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely critical. If this is not implemented I will have to start looking for alternatives to Visual Studio.

I think Microsoft plan to fade out C++ support in Visual Studio. Its evident that Microsoft will stop developing C++. No other reason makes sense that Edit and continue is not available for native apps.

• gkgk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I develop without Edit and continue ??
        Please add edit and continue / C++ x64

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement Edit and Continue for VS 2013 64 bit C++. This is critical to productivity in development of high performance financial services apps. PLEASE!!!
        Thanks

• mjajammjajam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Edit and Continue for C++' is *the* flagship feature of your C++ IDE. Please implement it for 64 bit.

• PierfabioPierfabio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is very important so save time during debug. Make microsoft debug the best also for 64 bit applications, please

• JarekJarek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement 'Edit and Continue for C++' as soon as possible.

T h a n k y o u.

• James CameronJames Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I develop applications for AutoCAD, my customers are on x64 builds of AutoCAD. Autodesk does not support 32bit on a x64 build. Building in 32bit changes the platform and is just not the right answer. please keep C++current

• Thomas FeldhusenThomas Feldhusen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The function "Edit and continue" is a important Debug utility. We have uses this in our previous compiler VC6.0 over 15 years. It is a mystery to us, that the old compiler VC 6.0 have better debug utilities as the actual tool Visual Studio 2013. We suggest the implementation of 'Edit and Continue for C++' as sson as possible.

Programmers who developing softwares for Windows Servers in C/C++ have no choice other than platform x64 because there's no x86 version since Win2008 R2.
        It means that without x64 E&C for C/C++, there's no E&C for them.
        I think this is an enough reason to consider supporting this feature seriously, isn't it?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base