Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Visual Studio TeamAdminVisual Studio Team (Product Team, Microsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Microsoft plan to fade out C++ support in Visual Studio. Its evident that Microsoft will stop developing C++. No other reason makes sense that Edit and continue is not available for native apps.

• gkgk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I develop without Edit and continue ??
        Please add edit and continue / C++ x64

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement Edit and Continue for VS 2013 64 bit C++. This is critical to productivity in development of high performance financial services apps. PLEASE!!!
        Thanks

• mjajammjajam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Edit and Continue for C++' is *the* flagship feature of your C++ IDE. Please implement it for 64 bit.

• PierfabioPierfabio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is very important so save time during debug. Make microsoft debug the best also for 64 bit applications, please

• JarekJarek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement 'Edit and Continue for C++' as soon as possible.

T h a n k y o u.

• James CameronJames Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I develop applications for AutoCAD, my customers are on x64 builds of AutoCAD. Autodesk does not support 32bit on a x64 build. Building in 32bit changes the platform and is just not the right answer. please keep C++current

• Thomas FeldhusenThomas Feldhusen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The function "Edit and continue" is a important Debug utility. We have uses this in our previous compiler VC6.0 over 15 years. It is a mystery to us, that the old compiler VC 6.0 have better debug utilities as the actual tool Visual Studio 2013. We suggest the implementation of 'Edit and Continue for C++' as sson as possible.

Programmers who developing softwares for Windows Servers in C/C++ have no choice other than platform x64 because there's no x86 version since Win2008 R2.
        It means that without x64 E&C for C/C++, there's no E&C for them.
        I think this is an enough reason to consider supporting this feature seriously, isn't it?

• JC LEVEILLEJC LEVEILLE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I develop application under Autocad 64bits. I really need the x64 edit and continue support in VS2013. Because of that I switch between Windows 32 to Windows 64 many times a day. Please add this.

still missing it since i switched my application to 64bit.

and i can't use 32bit for debugging because my application is based on AutoCAD.

please support E&C for C++ under 64bit.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had heard about x64 edit and continue support in VS2013 and was so stoked to give it a try in our toolchain!
        Then I discovered it doesn't work with C++. Sigh. Please add this.

• PJTraillPJTraill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And make sure adding a comment works: I have time and again added (in ANSI C) a comment (/* */ form) and been told that it was a change that Edit & Continue did not support:(

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base