I suggest you ...

Make CodeLens Available Outside of Ultimate

CodeLens is one of the most existing new features in Visual Studio 2013. Restricting it to Ultimate is a mistake. Make this available to at least Premium, and to Professional if at all possible!

3,534 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Harold shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

168 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

this is not a feature, this is a must have in team development, at least premium schould get it!

• Philip Meeske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree... This neither is an architecture nor only a testing framework related feature. This feature can only have been made for a professional developer in his daily business..

• Chris Kirby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked to find out this was ultimate only...can't believe it! This is definitely a mistake and should be a premium feature. Please consider this before rtm

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I would see the visual studio ultimate edition as an edition for sw architects and analyst (more advanced users), whereas other editions range from experienced and advanced programmers to hobby programmers.

For example, vs2012 ultimate had more modelling tools and things like this ( perfect for architects and designers, but not everyone needs it or will even ever use it).

CodeLens however, is something almost every programmer could use, even for refactoring and stuff like that. It's a great feature, and considering the fact that there aren't many major changes between vs2012 and vs2013, there aren't many reasons for smaller companies - or individual programmers - to invest a big amount of money into buying vs2013. A lot of extra functionality however, may persuade people to actually get the newer version.

They should at the very least add it to Premium as you said.

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base