I suggest you ...

Support JavaScript/Managed mixed mode debugging

Provide the ability to debug both JavaScript and Managed code at the same time with one instance of Visual Studio.

107 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Patrick Nelson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on this idea. We have reviewed this and we will not be able to complete this suggestion in the foreseeable future. For now the only option is too attach both script and managed from two instances of Visual Studio though this solution isn’t ideal it should unblock development.

Andy Sterland,
    Program Manager, Visual Studio

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to support this, many times have I been doing work with the WebView and C# host app where I would benefit from being able to debug both simultaneously.

• mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It blows me away that we have to request this as a separate feature. How on earth is native code with JS more common than managed + JS? Maybe the VS team has heard of this thing called ".NET"...

• Mel. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does not work...the ability to debug both JavaScript and Managed code at the same time with one instance of Visual Studio.

Show us now?

Feedback and Knowledge Base