I suggest you ...

Visual Studio for Mac Os x

Dear Madam and sir;

We need Full Version of Visual Studio for Mac Os x.
And language of programming such as:

3,490 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    M.TLabM.TLab shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Juan C ToledoJuan C Toledo shared a merged idea: made visual studio for mac like office  ·   · 
    Ricardo ValadezRicardo Valadez shared a merged idea: Visual Studio para sistema operativo OS X  ·   · 
    AlfredoAlfredo shared a merged idea: where is visual studio for mac?  ·   · 
    bradenbear424bradenbear424 shared a merged idea: Open Source Visual Studio "15" and make it available for OS X  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Awaiting for OSX version of VS 2015  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Visual Basic programs for Mac and Linux  ·   · 
    Lucas BatagliãoLucas Bataglião shared a merged idea: Make a version of Visual Studio to Mac/Linux  ·   · 
    Omer Faruk ZorluOmer Faruk Zorlu shared a merged idea: Support VS to run on MAC and LINUX  ·   · 
    xwrsxwrs shared a merged idea: Create Visual Studio version for MacOS X or/and Linux. (Mono != cake)  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Anthony CoeAnthony Coe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has a version of Visual Studio which is cross platform. It will run on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. It is called Visual Studio Code. You can download it at: https://code.visualstudio.com/download

You will have to download the C++, C#, HTML, Swift< and many other extensions. It will take you to the market place where you can get the extension for free.

Personally I prefer Xcode when coding on a Mac.

It's not hard to learn, but because it is fairly new there aren't many useful videos or articles on how to navigate Visual Studio Code. If you are familiar with Visual Studio IDE for Microsoft Windows, Visual Studio Code is a totally different program.

• Ricardo ValadezRicardo Valadez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

creo que todos los que somos usuarios en OS X necesitamos visual studio para poder trabajar mejor y de una manera mas simple

• Gavin WilliamsGavin Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us all your tools Microsoft, because they are great tools, but we don't want to support your platforms and we want to continue to develop for your competitors. And we'll keep criticizing everything you do and .. this will be the year of Linux for sure with your help.

• ErikErik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must and also for Linux. Visual Studio already support cross-compiling for Linux and debugging too, it also supports Clang as well. Visual Studio Code runs pretty well on Linux and I was surprised that they released .deb and .rpm packages.

• Gerry HernandezGerry Hernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do very serious work on a Mac, and I'm not the only one. With cloud computing being what it is, I target *nix platforms exclusively. I can scale up or out without any licensing cost and use about half of the resources for the same throughput versus Windows. All this is way, way easier if you're already working on a *nix based system, like Mac OS.

Even Microsoft knows this, which is why they offer Linux instances on Azure. The fact that VS Code is multi platform is proof that they recognize the demand for *nix friendly development.

Once upon a time, monolithic servers and applications ruled the world and Microsoft was king. In the year 2016, things have changed and it's time to adapt.

Bring Visual Studio to Mac. Equally as important, make it free. I don't mean "free" like the Community Edition with its restrictions that make it illegal to use at work. I mean free, with no strings attached.

• bradenbear424bradenbear424 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like how you open-sourced the .NET compilers, it would be suggested that you open-source the Visual Studio IDE too. In addition, it would be made available for OS X users too, so that they can build OS X apps (requires a Mac with xCode and OS X SDK installed; cannot build Windows apps on a Mac).

• Robert HendenRobert Henden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As part of a dev team which uses both macs and PCs it would be incredibly convenient to have VS2015 and Blend 2015 (or at least Blend) for Mac. The current solution of switching between virtual and physical machines introduces extra work and requires a lot of patience - even simple tasks like creating layouts from comps have about 2 to 3 hours added in order to provide for the slowdown on switching machines.

• AllyAlly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The VB6 programming language should be added to OSX, After all, the VBA programming language used to work on OSX

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VS was always the IDE that we love to have. Since .Net is now a first class citizen in OSX and Linux world, I don't think it is too much to expect VS for OSX and Linux distributions too.

• MarioJMarioJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it´s a bad idea,or use Wine for running VS on MAC
        win32 Apps on MAC?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need Full Version of Visual Studio for Mac Os x.
        And language of programming such as:
        Visual Basic
        ,because in my opninion it is the best programm Language

It is simply unbelievable that Microsoft shows such little support for competitors platforms.

Microsoft should pay compensation to everyone who bought a Mac, and subsequently found, to their utter incredulity, that PC software did not run on it, despite paying $1000 more for the same Chinese made components, and 'rounded corners'.

Please address this as your highest possible priority. Thanks.

Is it also possible to have Visual Studio on my car's infotainment center? Or at least on my iphone.

• Lucian NaieLucian Naie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So far I have been using Xamarin with Xcode, to create both iOS and Mac OS apps. Not using it for web dev.

Building apps on Mac is covered by Xamarin decently so far, but there is room for improvement. Xcode is a horrible IDE to build mobile or desktop apps, and luckily I don't have to tell again why. Main hassles come from switching between those 2 -- to design your UI -- and the development style enforced by Xcode.

Giving that I'm planning to move to a Mac to be able to support my multi-platform development needs, I think being able to do web development the same way I'm doing on a windows machine, would be a huge plus.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base