I suggest you ...

Visual Studio for Mac Os x

Dear Madam and sir;

We need Full Version of Visual Studio for Mac Os x.
And language of programming such as:

-C
-C++
-C#
-VB
-F#
-HTML
-MHTML

Thanks,

3,608 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    M.TLab shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In November 2016, we introduced Visual Studio for Mac, the newest member of the Visual Studio family. Visual Studio for Mac is a developer environment optimized for building mobile and cloud apps with Xamarin and .NET. It is a one-stop shop for .NET development on the Mac, including Android, iOS, and .NET Core technologies. Sporting a native user interface, Visual Studio for Mac integrates all of the tools you need to create, debug, test, and publish mobile and server applications without compromise, including state of the art APIs and UI designers for Android and iOS. And the story is just beginning. In the coming months we will be working with the Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code teams to bring more features that you love to the Mac, from advanced Web editing capabilities to support for more programming languages via the Server Language Protocol.

For more information, see https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2016/11/16/visual-studio-for-mac/. To download Visual Studio for Mac, see https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-mac/.

-Paul Chapman
    Visual Studio Program Manager

92 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is Visual Basic? Aaaah wait its just Xamarin reskinned... which was always c# only. MS MS...

• Brent Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

JetBrains Rider (https://www.jetbrains.com/rider/) is a much better alternative in my opinion. It looks and works pretty much the same as Visual Studio but it's truly cross platform running the same way on Windows, Mac and Linux (I use it on all three platforms for .NET Core development).

This is what Microsoft should be aiming to achieve, kudos to JetBrains!

• Julien Curro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"COMPLETED", are you joking? Visual Studio Mac is only a new name for Xamarin Studio.. There is a lot of features from VS that are missing. We are not even able to use the VS plugins inside XS..

• Anthony Coe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has a version of Visual Studio which is cross platform. It will run on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. It is called Visual Studio Code. You can download it at: https://code.visualstudio.com/download

You will have to download the C++, C#, HTML, Swift< and many other extensions. It will take you to the market place where you can get the extension for free.

Personally I prefer Xcode when coding on a Mac.

It's not hard to learn, but because it is fairly new there aren't many useful videos or articles on how to navigate Visual Studio Code. If you are familiar with Visual Studio IDE for Microsoft Windows, Visual Studio Code is a totally different program.

• Ricardo Valadez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

creo que todos los que somos usuarios en OS X necesitamos visual studio para poder trabajar mejor y de una manera mas simple

• Gavin Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us all your tools Microsoft, because they are great tools, but we don't want to support your platforms and we want to continue to develop for your competitors. And we'll keep criticizing everything you do and .. this will be the year of Linux for sure with your help.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must and also for Linux. Visual Studio already support cross-compiling for Linux and debugging too, it also supports Clang as well. Visual Studio Code runs pretty well on Linux and I was surprised that they released .deb and .rpm packages.

• Gerry Hernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do very serious work on a Mac, and I'm not the only one. With cloud computing being what it is, I target *nix platforms exclusively. I can scale up or out without any licensing cost and use about half of the resources for the same throughput versus Windows. All this is way, way easier if you're already working on a *nix based system, like Mac OS.

Even Microsoft knows this, which is why they offer Linux instances on Azure. The fact that VS Code is multi platform is proof that they recognize the demand for *nix friendly development.

Once upon a time, monolithic servers and applications ruled the world and Microsoft was king. In the year 2016, things have changed and it's time to adapt.

Bring Visual Studio to Mac. Equally as important, make it free. I don't mean "free" like the Community Edition with its restrictions that make it illegal to use at work. I mean free, with no strings attached.

• bradenbear424 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like how you open-sourced the .NET compilers, it would be suggested that you open-source the Visual Studio IDE too. In addition, it would be made available for OS X users too, so that they can build OS X apps (requires a Mac with xCode and OS X SDK installed; cannot build Windows apps on a Mac).

• Robert Henden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As part of a dev team which uses both macs and PCs it would be incredibly convenient to have VS2015 and Blend 2015 (or at least Blend) for Mac. The current solution of switching between virtual and physical machines introduces extra work and requires a lot of patience - even simple tasks like creating layouts from comps have about 2 to 3 hours added in order to provide for the slowdown on switching machines.

• Ally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The VB6 programming language should be added to OSX, After all, the VBA programming language used to work on OSX

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VS was always the IDE that we love to have. Since .Net is now a first class citizen in OSX and Linux world, I don't think it is too much to expect VS for OSX and Linux distributions too.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base