I suggest you ...

Sql Server Compact 5

Please work on the next version of sql server compact and continue supporting in visual studio. sql server compact is the best .net lite and embed database support data types,entity framework and embedding and use in the many of projects. please add support ssdt for database designer,in memory database, new nosql datatype, procedural sql command, column store index, triggers, REST request, odata, client sides api and others.

433 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mojtaba KavianiMojtaba Kaviani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • san kansan kan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that MS is moving SQL Server Enterprise on linux, it would be great to have SQL compact run on all devices(android, iOS, Windows Phone) as opposed to SQLite.

• Lexi MizeLexi Mize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just one more reason to dump Windows Store and use Android or iOS.
        Microsoft hates mobile developers!

• Jeff BowmanJeff Bowman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SQL CE is the only file-based database available that fully supports Entity Framework Code First Migrations. Runtime schema updates in the field are essential for any modern small-footprint application. SQL CE stands alone in meeting this requirement.

Microsoft's decision to halt work on this quality product is both frustrating and is a mystery.

• DaveBoltmanDaveBoltman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visual Source Safe was born deformed and choked to death on it's own vomit. Silverlight has terminal cancer. SQL VARDECIMAL storage born 2005, died 2008R2. Microsoft Zune (what?) is in an unmarked grave. Nokia phones are being embraced, extended and extinguished...

But SQL Compact Edition on the other hand, is healthy, vital, strong and good-looking. Now you wanna put a bullet through it's a brain? How's your freaking mind, Microsoft?

• darkhopedarkhope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is absurd. Before creating SQL CE and then wife sqlite. If I create an app for windows phone should I create it with sqlite not with sqlce. SQL CE is not supported in Windows 8 and Windows 10 with arm architecture will support app with SQLite databases. Is absurd. Microsoft creates and then destroys.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree CE should be continued. I wished to use CE but found its roadmap is 'uncertain' and support on Windows 2012/2016 is uncertain.

• readerreader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To have Sql Server Compact 5, be like sqlLite, and work on all Devices from PCs, to Mobile, from windows, to android to iOS, to linux, will make it be the new winner.
        Its astonishing to see sqlLite developed by only one man, and support all the above, while MS has very powerful teams that can handle such features with ease.
        As EF 7.0 is going toward supporting multiple platforms, and ASP.Net also doing the same, then depending on sql compact, should be the next step forward.

• readerreader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see it running on all mobile platforms like iOS, Androis, Old Windows versions.

SQL Server Compact 5 should have Views and Stored Procedures. Triggers would be nice too.

We need something disconnected for the mobile 8.x or 9.x platform. The replication or data connectivity to an azure system is not perfect in most parts of the world. Data access is not ubiquitious. We believe that a compact db with excellent merge replication is a possible client. SQLlite does not have these features...

• tsahitsahi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hear SQLite is so much better and faster than SQL Server CE, I don't know why you guys don't use it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base