How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Service Hooks to support on-premise HipChat

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365498/service-hooks-to-support-on-premise-hipchat.html
Please consider supporting events posted to on-premise HipChat. Because of legal requirements we cannot use the HipChat hosted by Atlassian.

Thanks!

77 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having on-premise integration is a key point that would keep my organization from using HipChat.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous my company should think of giving up Atlassian because of their missing innovations :D

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company is thinking of giving up TFS in favor of Atlassian because Microsofts innovation happens only in the cloud. Good integration would help us make the case for keeping TFS. So please bring this feature.

• Jon Califf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HipChat on-premises has a lot of enterprise features that many of us need in order to make it competitive with Slack (for a much, much lower price- like 10-15%)

• Jon Califf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! So this. It's an incredibly simple integration change and would really help a lot of us out. The HipChat cloud and HipChat on-premises APIs are identical, we just need to be able to change the URL (as recommended in the HipChat integration creation instructions in the first place...)

• Peter Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my request for this.
    Hopefully it would just be a case of allowing a servername FQDN in the config file

Feedback and Knowledge Base