How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Single Dashboard for Multiple Projects

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365500/single-dashboard-for-multiple-projects.html
Currently TFS has dashboard for each project. However a user can have entitlements to multiple projects. So the user has to go inside each project to see project dashboard and view charts.

The proposal is to have a SINGLE dashboard that allows viewing multiple projects view on a single page. Widgets from projects can be pinned on this new dashboard.

This will be very handy for program level initiatives where a program has multiple projects being worked upon.

324 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Punit Ganshani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our VSTS Feature Timeline(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/release-notes/), you see a feature called “Dashboards – Create dashboard separate from a team” under “Reporting”

This feature will allow you to create a Dashboard that has no association with the team. This means you don’t need to create a team, to make a Dashboard. You can create any number of these Dashboards and share them with who you want.

However, Dashboards will still be stored with a Team Project. So to address your scenario (cross-team-project Dashboard), you’ll just have to pick a team project to store the dashboard.

We don’t have immediate plans to store a dashboard outside a team project.

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello, is there any way to view in a single dashboard all projects under different organization?

Yes cross-project queries would be great! I can do it in Visual Studio IDE but not in DevOps

• Sandie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone code to bring widgets together on one page to display the items per team project? For example we have 14 projects under 1 organization and 8 scrum teams.

Thanks for the update, and I can confirm what you advised is working for me. However, Test execution results (Outcomes) do not. You can't post a Test Case execution chart to a common dashboard.

• BK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*********** NOTE **************
    This feature should enable "rollups" and "portfolio management" sort of capability. Elements that would allow a view across the projects to determine an enterprise roadmap of sorts. Also would help scheduling and reductions on dependency impacts or deconflicting. YES YES YES!!!

• Kaushik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We ran into same issue, but able to pull charts for work items(User story, Feature..etc) from all the projects into one project Dashboard using "Query across projects" checkbox under Queries < editor in VSTS. This will help you pull reports from all the projects into one single project and use this project as a view for stakeholders.

For this you may have to create a new project or use any existing project Dashboard.

• Chris Nebinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We keep all of our work items in one project, but the ability to include the build/release widgets for many projects would be great.

• snoel115 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same as many other, I need to have a global view of all project at once. Viewing one project at the time is not efficient and does not bring full visibility

I'll mention that today with the Analytics extension installed there are some new widgets (like Burndown/Burnup) that support querying across projects. I know this isn't exactly the ask here but I wanted to mention it since it's available today and may help.

• SlickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be good!
    Not sure why in Microsoft word we work only on one project at a time.

I am in change of multiple projects so I need to keep track of all of them at once...

• Brandon R Barnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would promote visibility into project health across a company, where applying standardized views measure project against a single set of KPIs

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base