How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Embed Dashboard Widgets outside of VSTS / TFS

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365549/embed-dashboard-widgets-outside-of-vsts-tfs.html
Would like the ability to embed a TFS widget in a non-TFS web location (i.e. internal SharePoint wiki, Confluence, 3rd party wiki, static HTML page, etc.).

While I like the customization of the TFS dashboards (as of TFS 2015.1), it still requires stakeholders to visit the individual team/project dashboard.

By allowing embedding of TFS widgets into other web-based locations, I have more flexibility to include additional context to stakeholders while leveraging the dynamic capabilities of the TFS widgets.

Thanks,
Matt

69 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a workaround for this, until it has been developed?

• Andy W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me and my organization to those that have this on our "Wish List" for Azure DevOps - thanks!

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, my boss doesn't want to go hunting to look at charts, and the charts are limited at that. I am currently exporting them to Excel each sprint, and then creating charts and copying those into email. What a time waste.

• Diego Susa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rationale:
    Confluence is widely used to share knowledge across multiple business units (some BUs may have VSTS access, but others may not).
    Two important dimensions of Product Teams are: a) work oraganization via Scrum status & plans, and b) Quality, via test results, customer defects in SLA, etc.
    For a Product team tracking both dimensions (a) and (b) in VSTS, it´s VERY important to share that information across the wider organizations, so exposing VSTS widgets in Confluence will have significant value.

• Jackie McCurdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As much of my daily scrum is from information that is already in TFS but not all participants have access or need to go to TFS daily, being able to embed the dashboard into my confluence page would eliminate the daily task I have to translate this information to Confluence.

• Venkatesh Kadiri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be very handy. I send out daily status emails to stakeholders on each project that I work. If I can embed the charts in our company's portal that the stakeholders most likely to visit in a day than visiting TFS, I believe TFS charts will be frequently visited.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely be a bonus for those of us communicating back to stakeholders/project contacts!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base