How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Allow deletion of pull requests

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365572/allow-deletion-of-pull-requests.html
Sometimes developers issue pull requests against the wrong branch - especially when using gitflow. This is purely a mistake and the pull request should be deleted and re-issued.

VSO only gives the option to abandon the pull request which leaves them hanging around. They can also be re-activated after abandoning.

When mistakes are made, we just want them deleted.

150 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Darren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the feature of deleting PRs (at least for the ones that are not approved). If a PR is created by mistake and has not been approved, there is no merge (which means it does not cause any problem - so there's no need to track those history). This suggestion has been around since mid 2016 and now we can't still delete PR.

A company's should be able to delete its abandoned pull requests especially if there was sensitive data that should NOT have been committed. I have found that even if the feature branch the sensitive data was committed to is deleted you can still see the sensitive information in the abandoned pull request. THAT IS A VERY BAD THING!!

• Bertrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are unable to get free space if this feature is not implemented. It's becoming a real problem in our company.

• Artem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. Please add possibility to delete abandoned pull requests.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature. What if someone puts something private in a PR, like a password? For now, the mistake is permanent.

• Dogan Saglam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's nice that I can reactivate it but I should also be able to delete the pull request I created.

Really need this feature as its really helps the developers to keep the pull requests clean

• J R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. There's no benefit to keeping around a PR if the user wants to delete it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base