How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Revert all unchanged items from changeset before check-in

Imagine 100 checked-out files, while trying something out, and now you want to check-in your changes.
I feel more comfortable if I see directly which files really changed, before checking-in.

A button "Undo all unchanged" would e.g. undo 90 of these 100 files and now you see clearly which 10 files you really changed.

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Visual Studio ALM Team shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please built this into Visual Studio (not tfs power tool command line...)

• Matthew Mitrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm assuming that you're encountering this because you have to explicitly check out files before you can begin working on them, and it is easier to just checkout a large folder all at once than checking out individual files - is that correct?

One of the biggest improvements we've made for vNext is to include support for a new model of working with files that does not require explicit checkouts from the server. You can just edit files locally and the changes will automatically be detected. Check out more here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2011/08/02/version-control-model-enhancements-in-tfs-11.aspx

Matt
    Program Manager | TFS Version Control

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can undo all unchanged files, if you sort the files by "Change", then select files with type="edit" (and "lock, edit"). Right click, undo. Then press "No, to all" button.
    It is important to select only edited files, because if you select all, then added and deleted files will be reverted.

Feedback and Knowledge Base