How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Visualize the rights of a user/group on all different aspects of a Team Project

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365387/visualize-the-rights-of-a-usergroup-on-all-differe.html
You can set rights in TFS on a lot of different levels. On Team Project, Area/ Iteration/ Team Queries, Source Control/ Folders/ Files, Builds / Reports / SharePoint. Especially in TFS with different TFS groups that sometimes contain the same users/groups, it is hard to see why a user has a specific right or is not allowed to do something. At the moment it is hard to find this without checking everything manually.

131 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

R. van Osnabrugge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • spash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. See the user voice "Effective Security Permissions Checker" about the same topics.

• Anthony Gregg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh how many times I have run into this issue. This would be a great addition to the Admin of security on TFS.

• John Sewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also at the Collection level. At a minimum, when I'm at a window showing a set of permissions, I'd like to SIMULTANEOUSLY see the window showing any of the groups, including the list of members, that have that permission.

Feedback and Knowledge Base