How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Make a summary of Working day in TFS Online on WebSite

There should be a page in TFS Online where you can see what was done in a day. Right now you need to check source, then click History, and click for every CheckIn and see the details. I'd like to have a view that can be very long to scroll yet agregates all changes as well shows which changes are linked to wich WorkItems and how they change their attributes (like remaining work time).
Also I'd like to have a summery of who, how much checks-In in terms of tasks, lines of code, and number of files affected. This should state if someone is active or not.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Neo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Neo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, activity feed would do what I would like to have. But there could be a problem. Our teams very often check-in stuff. Where single checkin is very little - some line here, some line there. Usually after a day of work team-leader review - scan all changes made by team. When you have a lot of checkins then it is hard to click one by one to see the difference. Thats why I'd like to have a summary of working day. If that summary can be generated as a day summary message or on demand then this would be perfect.

• clively commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would make a perfect Report. Something that I could run to say "what did Bob do this week?"

• Matthew Mitrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the past we've talked about having an "Activity Feed" that would allow users to subscribe to the various projects and teams they're interested in, and then in VS there would be an experience for viewing this feed. It seems like this idea is very similar to the feed concept.

Matt
    Program Manager | TFS Version Control

Feedback and Knowledge Base