How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Dark Theme for VSTS and TFS Web Portal

Many of Microsoft's products, including Office and Visual Studio, support a dark theme which is easier on the eyes. However, for some reason, VSTS and the TFS Web Portal do not have a dark theme.

At my workplace, we do our peer review through the web portal, so I spend many long hours staring at the bright white backgrounds. It would be amazing for my poor burnt eyes if we could get a dark theme. I'm sure many others agree.

1,360 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Justin O'Conner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gaurav Soni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, as the developers are using a maximum of VSTS the are spending more time on it so it is very important to provide with the Dark black theme in VSTS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using a browser extension for this but it doesn't work any more since the restyling, which is nice to use but even brighter than before. Please prioritise this! All the features in the world are useless if it is painful to use.

• BorisH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VSTS portal supports implements High Contrast Mode Black. If you place your machine into High Contrast Mode Black, you will get a light text on dark background experience.

• Eugene Baranovsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DevOps still doesn't have Black Ops theme? Keep up your good work, mates, renaming a product for the fourth time is clearly more important.

For God's and my eyes sake please, please add a dark theme, this new Azure DevOps theme is worse than ever before...

• Emiliano Magliocca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just switched to the new azure devops, and it was so white that I became almost blind :)
        please we need a dark theme, now even more!

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In VSTS, how do you make it brighter, I can't read the purple text on the black background

YES!

I had to use a chrome extension to do this. My eyes are super sensitive. Please do this MS.

• Jeremy Huckeba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't understand why this wasn't done as part of the restyling. It was highly requested at Build and is a highly voted item. It is important enough to users that most Microsoft products from Windows to Office to Visual Studio to VSCode all implement it. Pretty much every team except the VSTS team.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base