How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Wiki diagrams

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365755/wiki-diagrams.html
Add basic diagrams support to the wiki.

112 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eugene shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kelly Brownsberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just joined a company using Asure DevOps and I’m quite impressed with it. I’m used to the Atlassian suite and the huge hole I see in this is no equivalent tools like Confluence + Gliffy or Draw.io. With no web based diagramming tools the whole stack really suffers for being a complete platform for our shop. We need a lot more visual artifacts to fuel our collaboration but the toolset gives us no way to do it. Do we buy Confluence and Gliffy and try to bolt it on to AZDO? Visio (yuck) + Sharepoint and a similar bolt on?

I kinda feel trapped :(

• postmaster@visualstudio.uservoice.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate a seamless UML modelling tool.
        Seamless means: no Visio, no files stored in sharepoint. We need an Add-In inside VSTS.
        me still suing the old name means "DevOps" still has a long way to go to become a mature product.
        Do you even charge your customers for being beta testers?

• Steve - RWI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Draw.io - closely mirrors Visio, very portable, supports gDrive already, full features in free version (vs. Lucidchart severly hobbled).

• Denys Miasoutov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be nice to have an option of what we can inject into wiki. Examples:
        1. SVG/PNG/JPG from repository or internet
        2. Graphviz file
        3. PluntUml file
        4. Diagram from Draw.io
        5. Visio file
        7. Mermaid
        8. Other formats

We should be able to inject files from repository and or internet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a killer feature. Plz give.

It sucks to flip/flop between confluence for docs and vsts for code/work management. This is the missing link that would allow my team to commit fully on vsts.

• Davis John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Draw.io is quite popular with people on Confluence. If we have support for them, will make it easier for people migrating over.

• Nick Nijenhuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you know what would be really cool? If I can just add JSONs, SVG, or any other format of any other tool, in my GIT repo and that it can be automatically published to the VSTS wiki everytime it's updated.

• Richard Banks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, draw.io or gliffy support please.

Mermaid has a very limited set of diagram options, so graphviz could be a more flexible choice.

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would also be a great addition to the .md (e.g. README.md) files in the repositories.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base