How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Let us create multiple collections on Visual Studio Team Services

As an organization with 25+ developers and 15+ ongoing/supported projects for several customers, we need the ability to group our team projects into different project collections.

I am sure we are not the only ones.

1,204 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas Kalve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Work is still ongoing (was delayed due to other priorities) for our plan to bring multiple accounts (collections) backed by the same Azure AD into an organization. We are now looking at 2018 H2 for bringing this to a public preview. I will be able to provide a more precise timeline update around May 2018.

Rajesh Ramamurthy
    Program Manager – VSTS & TFS

148 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Timothy Andrews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an executive branch aggregate of all IT systems development and operations, we too are very interested in how this will work. At present, I'm about to create 15+ accounts for each executive branch agency, so that we can manage the ongoing projects under each agency, as well as allow the principal engineers at each, to manage their project collections. I don't mean to be harsh, but it does seem short-sighted to omit grouping constructs or levels that would best support the management of development at a large, complex enterprise-class organizations. It makes adoption of the tool difficult, inefficient, and in many cases, not cost effective. My personal opinion is that this should bump up on the list of priorities for that reason alone. If you want to catch big fish, you need to make the tool attractive to big fish. Marketing 101. With DevOps and CI/CD trends, this is an absolute necessity in today's software development culture. A status update would be greatly appreciated. A deliverable or invite into an ongoing preview would be even more well received. Thank you and Kind Regards. P.S. - as fellow developers, you have to realize that none of us likes re-work. If I create multiple accounts, you are going to need a migration path/vector to consolidate them into whatever grouping/hierarchy construct you eventually implement and release.

• Trey White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our State Government organization has over 40+ TFS projects for .NET applications, and another collection of about 15 iOS projects, and another collection of almost legacy systems. It would be so cumbersome to have 155+ projects in VSTS. This will be a determining factor of whether or not we move to VSTS, remain on-site, or move our git repositories to another product line. Please inform/advise.

• Ali Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there any update on this feature. Will it be that we can have multiple collections under on vsts account?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base