Cloud Load Test, Application Insights and Windows Azure - Better Together Guidance
I would like to provide a guide to answer two simple questions:
1) Does my application support *** users?
2) If not, what do I have to do?
We could create a guide teaching how to combine Cloud Load Test, Application Insights and Windows Azure in order to show how to answer these questions.
• What scenarios should I consider for my Load Test?
• How many agents do I need? How to know if the agents are over capacity?
• How to distribute the user load?
• All my requests returned HTTP 200. Is it good? Cache / CDN could help me on this topic?
• What Performance Counters should I evaluate?
• How to identity issues using App Insights?
• I have a lot of users in my IIS Queue. What does it mean?
• I have requests taking more than 2 minutes. How to identify the bottleneck?
• How to setup Windows Azure to scale automatically in order to support my load test?
• Etc …
See Chuck’s comment
(fwiw the last comment was by Chuck-accidently logged on as VS Admin)
Wanted to circle back to this request: At an uber level the request seems to be build an expert system for load testing...this is something we have looked at doing for Azure applications but in general probably not something we will be doing in the short term.
That said, tactically we are making improvements in this space in two ways
1. Integration with Application Insights -This work has started and will continue.
2. Improve the documentation - while there is a lot of content for load testing (in blog posts) we (I) will convert that into much more discoverable documentation (this work has just started)
Charles Sterling commented
Not positive who declined this but I am/we are looking at creating a wiki with Goeff Gray for this information