How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Display sum of story points in a sprint - agile template

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365443/display-sum-of-story-points-in-a-sprint-agile-temp.html
When planning sprints it would be very nice to see a total of the story points that have been added. The only way to do this right now is open a query in Excel and sum the column. Not very handy when planning a sprint using the web client.

257 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

REG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Laurence Tempest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is done right!? Goto backlog view, click the 'view options' icon in the top right and enable the 'Planning' view pane

• anatole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, total Story Points per columnare important to make a burndown graph and keep track of the velocity!

• Jeff Lomax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was posted 3 years ago, and VSTS (visualstudio.com) still doesn't display sprint goal points? This is just a sum of, usually P1, story points in the sprint. HOW do you do this?

• Rosenbc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure why people are even using TFS- it has no features that are important for agile or scrum. JIRA has all those features, and extremely easy to measure velocity. I am currently using TFS now because it comes with our MS license, but it's so primitive compared to JIRA

• Michael Seidel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are working on an extension to do this. The idea is to add an additional Summary tab on the sprint page (Backlog | Board | Capacity | Summary) where a more detailed burndown, story points and more are quickly accessible. Lets chat if you are interested michael@agileextensions.com. But keep posting your feedback to the team here of course :)

• Jason Donnelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to create groups like "Developers" and "Testers" so that I could get an aggregated value of points and hours by sub team.

• Jason Donnelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aggregation of story points for a sprint plus aggregation of hours for all child tasks for a user story are my requirements.

This gets a vote from me.

• Devin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, I'd want to see sum of points by developer to make sure that things are well distributed, or that Jr. people have the right amount of points compared to Sr. people.

• Duncs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice idea. Easy then to validate sprint capacity against your known velocity.

Feedback and Knowledge Base