How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Provide Power BI content pack support for on premise TFS

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/365473/provide-power-bi-content-pack-support-for-on-premi.html
The VSO content pack for Power BI was announced at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2015/05/04/gain-understanding-and-insights-into-projects-in-visual-studio-online-with-power-bi.aspx

It would be great if this would also be available/supported for on premise TFS.

245 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeroen Janssen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are excited to announce a preview of the new Analytics Marketplace Extension(https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms.vss-analytics) is coming in the next major release of TFS. Analytics supports Power BI integration.

Please refer to our reporting roadmap(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/report/analytics/reporting-roadmap) for additional information on the roadmap for reporting in TFS and VSTS

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Can you please update when Analytics Marketplace Extension will be available?

Thanks,
    Sharon.

• Dan Carpenter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Analyzing cycle time of work items has been challenging with the given data. We would want to be able to slice and dice the work items by a variety of dimensions (possibly all the way down to the cycle time on individual work items) as well as dissect the work item lifecycle into sub-cycles (based on State changes) to understand bottlenecks in the process.

• Sheldon Hull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this means content packs for on premise tfs won't be available till up to June 2017? Just trying to make sure I'm understanding the post on roadmap.

• Michel Zehnder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are interested in this as well.
    Not sure what API the current Team Services use to do this, but with the on-prem PowerBI Gateway, wouldn't it be possible to query TFS on-prem as well?

• Rick McCallion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been an update on if there will be support for on-premise TFS? Like the others here, this would be big for our organization as we're not yet ready to migrate to VSO.

• Sam Alavi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this ability to connect Power BI and TFS to enrich reporting/dashboard and I guess it's time to stop supporting the on-premises SSRS and switch to this. So excited and can't wait for it to happen.

• Mara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical feature, especially in the context of on premise TFS/Project Server integration, since management without technical background could get a one-stop-shop self-serve real time status updates, without worrying about which data are in TFS and which in Project Server (they will never have the time ).

• DanielT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team is responsible for managing an instance with 200 projects and > 1000 users. Having such an easy and manageable insight wuould be of great value!

• Corey Weddle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so needed. I continue to have to look at switching to other tools and I don't want to. UrbanTurtle just isn't cutting it and my next alternative is switching to Rally because of how it integrates what Power BI appears to be able to provide.

• Pi Lanningham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would *absolutely* love this, beyond a doubt. The kinds of insight this could give us on our performance internally would be quite literally immeasurable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base