Team Services

Welcome to the Team Services UserVoice site. This site is for suggestions and ideas for Visual Studio Team Services (cloud) and Team Foundation Server (host yourself). You can also add suggestions for the Visual Studio IDE or Visual Studio Code. Or go to Developer Community to file a Team Services or TFS bug.

You might also be interested in our Features timeline to see what features are under development and which features we completed.
We also added an Announcements section where we will be posting special opportunities for you to participate in.

Read about current UserVoice statuses and their definitions in our article “What Does the Status of My Feedback Mean?” article.

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Team Services team
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

How can we improve Team Services?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XCode support plugin like TFS Team Explorer Everywhere

Our dev team is beginning to develop native iOS and other mobile applications with many of these applications calling to a .NET backened web service. I would be great to have the ability to import xcode projects into TFS from the XCode GUI

35 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Java Tools (IntelliJ/Eclipse)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add support for TFVC repositories on TFS 2012 and 2013 to the IntelliJ IDEA Team Services plugin

The Visual Studio Team Services plugin for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, etc. currently only supports Git repositories on Visual Studio Team Services and Team Foundation Server 2015.

It would be great to be able to get, checkout and checkin source code in/out of Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012 or 2013 using TFVC from within IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, etc. similar to the current Git support.

12 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Java Tools (IntelliJ/Eclipse)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add support for Git repositories on TFS 2013 to the IntelliJ IDEA Team Services plugin

The Visual Studio Team Services plugin for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, etc. currently only supports Git repositories on Visual Studio Team Services and Team Foundation Server 2015.

It would be nice to support clone, push, etc. for Git repositories on TFS 2013.

10 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Java Tools (IntelliJ/Eclipse)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • TFVC Code Review Eclipse Plugin

As a developer, I would like to be able to request my code to be reviewed from the Eclipse Plugin

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Java Tools (IntelliJ/Eclipse)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Support modern Visual Studio workspaces in the java SDK

Recent versions of Visual Studio have changed the format of the on-disk cache. This means that any tools or applications created using the TFS SDK for Java (including Team Explorer Everywhere) cannot be used with these workspaces. This dramatically limits the usefulness of the SDK, since it can now only be used with old versions of Visual Studio or people who are using Eclipse.

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Java Tools (IntelliJ/Eclipse)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • TEE-CLC remap option like tf.exe

To work with a multi-branch like structure, where you develop each feature in a separated branch and need to change branch constantly the remap function makes a huge difference.
              The cross platform tf command line tool (tee-clc) does not have this options as his windows specific counterpart has.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Java Tools (IntelliJ/Eclipse)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Keyboard shortcut for getting latest version in TFS plugin for eclipse

To get a latest version of a project in TFS through eclipse tfs plugin, I need to go to that project and right click and chose get Latest version. Is there anyway to perform this with a keyboard shortcut.
                I tried with setting it in General>Preference>keys>get Latest version.
                I'm not able to perform that.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Eclipse with TEE plugin, history view location change isn't persisted after restart eclipse

In eclipse with TEE plugin, I moved history view to other place, but the change isn't persisted after restart eclipse, I need to move this view to corresponding place again. It's better to persist the changes of history view as team explorer view.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base