How can we improve Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)?

Retention policies in TFS 2015 build should delete UNC drops

Retention policies in TFS 2015 build (in new build system) should delete UNC drops.

85 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jiri BeranJiri Beran shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jon YutzyJon Yutzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? I have TFS 2015 Update 2.1 and even when I MANUALLY delete a completed BUILD it still does not clean up the files on my UNC Drop Location. I have a "Copy and Publish Build Artifacts" task with a path of \\servername\Deployment_Requests\BW.Application\$(Build.DefinitionName)_$(Build.BuildNumber). I even tried fully qualifying servername.domain and it still didn't delete the files that were published to Drop Location. This is really annoying because we have to manually clean up drop location files even after the BUILD is deleted. When manually deleting the build it prompts saying, "Are you sure you want to delete everything about build XYZ including details, FILES AND FOLDER UNDER DROP FOLDER, test results, symbols and label". This implies that it will delete DROP FOLDER files but it does not. I don't see any info in logs either. This needs fixed in both Retention Policy and Manual Deletion of Builds.

• JohanJohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic hygene functionality, please bring it back or at least release a minor patch to make it work again.

• Martin SchrollMartin Schroll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back these functionality which was included in previous versions.
        It is really annoying to delete obsolete drop folders per hand.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is big block for us, impossible to consolidate the UNC build drop folder with thousands of builds

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why was this removed or overlooked? This is something that is really needed.

• Jochen KalmbachJochen Kalmbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also is needed for manually delete builds.. the UNC drop-folder ist not deleted... this makes the new build System mostly unseless...

Feedback and Knowledge Base