How can we improve Azure DevOps?

Show me all test suites/ test plans a test case belongs to

I should be able to find out all the test plans/ test suites in which a given test case is used

121 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shankar Sathiamurthi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simon Burtonshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The functionality is implemented but it did take me a few minutes to find. For anyone else who couldn't find this functionality...open the test plan page, select the test case, show details pane, change pane to "test suites".

• BK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a compliance standpoint--the query capability does little to help us link a Task to a Test-Case with a list of Test-Runs... I don't understand why this wasn't made simpler. So I have to manually click through the Web-based UI to get this information and manually type or link using HyperLink because there is no link type of Test-Run

• Clément Bouillier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are you saying it is done ? I can't see anything in the Test Hub UI (or elsewhere) to get this information...
    +1 with Martin remarks

• Martin Sommervold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be incredibly helpfull if this feature was also implemented directly on the test case work item, i.e. not needing to locate or add a test case to a test plan in order for the associated suites to be present.

E.g: enter the id of a TC in the search box, pop-up, show me associated suites. Useful in situations where you have a large test plan / several test plans, and quickly need to reply to questions such as:

1. Have we planned to run this test?
    2. When have we planned to run this test?
    3. Do we have duplicates of this test?

etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base